Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:44:21 PM EDT
How many of you use them?  I was thinking about getting yet another chest rig (I just can't be pleased), and was thinking about this one.  However, it looks as if it would be really front heavy.  But, not all chest rigs are created equal.  My BHI Recon chest rig isn't front heavy at all, even without my camelback.  What do you guys think??  And of course, this thread would be useless without pics!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
To counter the "front-heavy" of it, I highly recommend HSGI's hydro pouch that snaps into the Warlord harness.

Check out this link] for pics of John Hollister's MultiCam Warlord.......it is very nice.

BTW, the Warlord is extremely well built.  Good design too.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link mcgrubbs, I've seen it in the threads before.  VERY nice rig.  That's not a bad idea using the hydro carrier as a counterweight.  Any of you got pics of both being worn??  Pretty please!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How about the Denali??  Any pics and info?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The warlord series is the best pure chest rig I have handled/worn bar none.  I have every model made along with the Denali.  The Denali is designed so that you can load up to singlehandedly destroy a small to medium sized town!  It is a little big but was designed as a balls out assault vest.

The way the hsgi hydro carriers mate up with the chest rig is elegantly simple and stable.  I will take some pics of the setup and post tonight if no one else does.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will take some pics of the setup and post tonight if no one else does.

Please do
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
thats not mentioning the 30 mag capacity on the denali ;)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy geez, 30 mags!!??  You really could destroy a small town!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't want to mention the mag carrying capability.  My body hurts just thinking about what it would be like to fully load that thing (frags and all) and even try to move around.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok here goes with the pics.

You should be able to see how it works but essentially all the warlords have an extra set of female side release buckles on the shoulder straps.  All the (HSGI) hydration carriers  have a set of extra straps top and bottom that have male buckles.  It allows you to plug them into the shoulder straps up top and replaces the lower waist strap along the bottom.

Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
That is totally awesome
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow Brassburn....Thank you sooo much for going through the trouble for the pics.   They are MOST helpful!  It's waaaaaay better than the setup I have on my BHI recon chest rig.   I had to southern engineer the camelback onto it.  Thanks again man!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad I could be of some help lol.

I remember getting my first HSGI hydration carrier (from Joe @SKD Tactical of course!) and thinking "wow, this is the most nicely built piece of nylon/cordura gear I have ever handled, but WTF are these buckles for?".

My office includes 2 very high end digital camera's.  You can see that I didn't use one of them for these shots!  I need to get one for this stuff as I never mix my business assets with my personal!

Anyhoo, glad you enjoyed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, granted those pictures have no mags in the mag pouches but the warlord appears to be very low profile.

Cool stuff brassburn, thanks for the photos.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I love mine. :D

It's since been added to, but here is my Multicam Warlord v3 from SKD Tactical.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Y'all made me want to replace my S.P.E.A.R  Vest with a Warlord in Multicam.

How much adjustment does it have Vertically and Horizontally. Im not so skinny any more
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless you are in the area of morbid obesity, I'd say it'll likely adjust to fit you just fine.  If you want a definite answer post your shoulder/chest/waist measurements.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#18]
No i'm not that bad just broad shoulders and a some gut.

I think I'll give it a try. It seems like the way to go and lots of people are saying it rocks, and since I'm switching my gear to Multi-Cam anyway Im gonna go for it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top