Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2005 1:28:59 PM EDT
what system do you think is best and where can I get it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a hold of Brigade Quartermaster. www.actiongear.com
They have the  3-point system that the Military is using now w/ the better(more comfy rubber) chinstrap as opposed to the old Nylon/Canvas cup
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
try sds.  or skd tactical here.. talk to joe. he'll set you up or at least point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the whole tamale at
www.oregonaero.com/p81_2001.html

Steve.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
theres no way but the BLSS route for the Dome of Obedience
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 BLSS
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iactually perfer the SDS 3-point chin strap and BLU pad upgrade -- it costs a few bucks less and there is no plastic head band. The end result is the same, I mean you still have the AWESOME OA pads and you have a stable platform for NODs and such.

I've tried both the BLSS and the BLU with SDS chinstrap and prefer the latter.   The plastic band in the BLSS takes up about 3/16th of space all the way around, and might mean you'll need a bigger helmet, which will make the weight and visibility problems even worse.  Only problem with the BLU is if your planning to use a helmet cover, you might need to get some more sticky velcro or sew some onto the fabric.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've tried both the BLSS and the BLU with SDS chinstrap and prefer the latter.   The plastic band in the BLSS takes up about 3/16th of space all the way around, and might mean you'll need a bigger helmet, which will make the weight and visibility problems even worse.  Only problem with the BLU is if your planning to use a helmet cover, you might need to get some more sticky velcro or sew some onto the fabric.  

To add a helmet cover, all one needs to do is trap the velcro straps of the cover under the pads. This makes a velcro,strap,pad sandwich and hold them well.

The 2-sided Temperate/Arid digital covers have the same velcro as the old one-sided covers, and with the desert side out, the velcro is backward.  Hook and hook are facing, and loop and loop are facing on the other side.  That's why (I think) the MICH covers have the reversible velcro (hook and loop on both sides of the tab).  It was well worth it to modify the cover though; the OA pads are that much better.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iactually perfer the SDS 3-point chin strap and BLU pad upgrade -- it costs a few bucks less and there is no plastic head band. The end result is the same, I mean you still have the AWESOME OA pads and you have a stable platform for NODs and such.

To add a helmet cover, all one needs to do is trap the velcro straps of the cover under the pads. This makes a velcro,strap,pad sandwich and hold them well.

Would the cover be readily remavable then?  I'm at Fort Irwin and sometimes I'm in BDUs, sometimes DCUs, and sometimes COB where I would need a helmet with no cover at all in the COB-Vs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Would the cover be readily remavable then?  I'm at Fort Irwin and sometimes I'm in BDUs, sometimes DCUs, and sometimes COB where I would need a helmet with no cover at all in the COB-Vs.

No problem.  You pull out the pads (velcro) and then peel off the velcro tabs to pull off the cover and put a new one on.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top