Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2004 10:31:35 AM EDT
I was wondering...is there a cost effective alternitive to M18 smokers?

I would like to have a few, but I'm having a hard time shelling out the cash...
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
sugar and saltpetre
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
are private citizens allowed smoke grenades??? this would be very cool!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
are private citizens allowed smoke grenades??? this would be very cool!!

yes, but they cost about $80 apiece ag gun shows, if you can find them and those are usually super old trashy ones. Lightfighter sells new ones, I believe for $50 each, but even he doesn't want to mess with the hazmat shipping costs which are crazy. Another place that sells them, new in the cardboard tube, is a company I believe called Odin Arms out of Presscott AZ. But again, Hazmat shipping.

Edited to add: I think Odin Arms is run by someone here on ARFCOM too. Can't remember who.
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
aw hell, price doesn't matter!! it's not like i'm gonna be bump firing smoke grenades.
Wait... CAN I DO THAT?!?!?!?!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is something to consider:

www.evhill.com/products/White_Grenade.htm
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is something to consider:

www.evhill.com/products/White_Grenade.htm

Thanks for that link...I do believe that is the ticket....cost efective, has it's own ignition source, looks like good coverage and small...

Thanks again..
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Is Odin still around? I looked a while back and didnt find a website for him.
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
So the white is covered, and you could use these for a different color (orange to be exact.)  $40 for 3, but still with shipping.   West Marine.com

But I bet there is some sort of boating supply store in just about every major city....

Scott
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think this is the site. It's under construction but you could probably e-mail the address given and find out what you need Odin Arms
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is the site. It's under construction but you could probably e-mail the address given and find out what you need Odin Arms

I don't think you are going to find what you need there.

-U-

ETA- I won't say things in public that may or may not be true, but if you want what I have heard about Odin, IM me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
aw hell, price doesn't matter!! it's not like i'm gonna be bump firing smoke grenades.

If you get the smoke, send pics, that'd be funny to see.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Try these guys, I just ordered a couple.   Just added a bunch of ALS (smoke/CS) goodies to their product line, 30 bucks a pop 20 something for the smaller ones...not bad    

www.strategosstore.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=664&1=670&2=-1

oh ya...shipping was quoted at about 12 bucks, which could be their mistake....are these things realy that dangerous as to require hazmat??  
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's right because (all together now...)

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#15]
where can saltpeter be purchased?
I've always wanted to try some homemade smoke

Quoted:
sugar and saltpetre

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's right because (all together now...)

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!  

Yours truly during the Mall Ninja Contest. Granted it's not a M18 smoke grenade, but, you get the idea.

P.S. If you don't see the picture, hunt101 is down
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#17]
What?  Hunt101 NEVER goes down, ever!  

Scott
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice image, wipeout! hehehehe!

Hope you got a permit from the Minnysoter State Polzie for that slingshot!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Try these guys, I just ordered a couple.   Just added a bunch of ALS (smoke/CS) goodies to their product line, 30 bucks a pop 20 something for the smaller ones...not bad    

oh ya...shipping was quoted at about 12 bucks, which could be their mistake....are these things realy that dangerous as to require hazmat??  

They require military or LEO to purchase...  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They require military or LEO to purchase...  

Well...

I'm a member of the unorganized milita...
AND I POLICE my brass every time I shoot!

Do you think that will count???  
Me neither!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I was going to order from strategosstore but then they decided that they would require LEO or Mil ID on something that is perfectly legal for civvies to own. Anyone know where I can get some like they sell?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was going to order from strategosstore but then they decided that they would require LEO or Mil ID on something that is perfectly legal for civvies to own. Anyone know where I can get some like they sell?

Lightfighter. But I dont' th ink he ships them due to HazMat costs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Or you can make your own homemade smoke devices.

Click Here

Go down about 1/2 way

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:54:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#25]
So if I show up on your doorstep, an individual civilian, not LE or .mil  you will sell these to me?

And... do you have parking to accomidate my 70 ft long tractor trailer???
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Strange.  Strategosintl.com will ship with normal rates of about 9-12 bucks.  I talked to another guy who got his in the HAZMAT packaging.  He said there was no extra charge on the shipping that they quote when ordering.

They must build the shipping into the cost of the devices.  My shipping charge was only 10 or 11 dollars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top