Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2003 9:37:08 PM EDT
I was wondering what boots people would recommend for hunting, duty, tactical/SHTF, or just going to the range. I have found the Marine Corp Infantry Combat Boot from Matterhorn to be both comfortable and durable.  I have messed up ankles from injuries in the Army, and I pretty much need boots for the extra support. I would like some ideas for when I need to buy new ones - perferably ones that don't cost $150.00 or more, but either way its all good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have to agree with Brad,  Thorogood is a great boot.....I prefer the PEACEKEEPER, but for what you are looking for the TASER is the answer
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If your looking for a cheaper boot I like my Magnums but If your willing to spend more I'd go with a good pair of Danner's!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I know it's a bit out of your stated price range but, the Danner Acadia is a GREAT boot!!

I love mine.  Comfortable, well-made, great materials.

That being said, I think you will find the Thorogoods to your liking as well.  I think they would do you a good job.

Monty
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advise!  I'll check out the thorogood when I'm due for a new pair - not long from now.  They looked like good boots, especially the TASER's with the ankle support. As for the Danners, I really like my Ft. Lewis boots, so I know they're a good brand.  I love my Marine Corp boots, but at 150 -160 dollars a pair......  Oh well - they last for years so it's a good investment.  Again, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
24/7 go to war boot- Danner Arcadia.  Light tac boot- Bates Falcon.  Casual- Doc Marten
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top