Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 1:10:07 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some light weight tactical gloves.  They have to be able to survive thorns.  I would also like them to be heat/fire resistant.  Normal flight gloves are getting destroyed by thorns in the draws.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
get some hatch gloves
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to an auto parts store and get some mechanics gloves.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:22:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
www.mechanix.com try the fastfit model in black
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up some mechanix gloves and will see how they handle a month in the field.  Hopefully they will survive better than the nomex aviators.  If not I will go back to them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up some mechanix gloves and will see how they handle a month in the field.  Hopefully they will survive better than the nomex aviators.  If not I will go back to them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I found that my mechanix gloves were too bulky for doing things like getting sutff out of a pocket, and similar stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the Hatch Operator Tactical Gloves.  So far I like them a lot.

www.hatch-corp.com/lawpages/sog-l.html

Ray
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've recently been looking for a good pair of tac gloves myself and have done an extensive search on the net.  The Hatch SOG Special Operations Glove seems to be the best thing I've found.  Here's a link to an independent SWAT review of how good they are:

http://www.hatchcorp.com/lawpages/sog100_test.html

Made of Kevlar with goatskin palms, so I don't think thorns will be a problem.  Same or better heat protection and dexterity as Nomex flight gloves, but stronger and better fit and better design to prevent tips of fingers coming unraveled.  And the trigger fingers can be permanently removed without worry of the rest of the finger coming unraveled.  I also found one website that had a version of this glove where all the fingers could be removed.  Also comes in a gauntlet or non-gauntlet shorty version.

here's a link to the lowest price I've found on this glove that will save you $10 to $25 over everyone else.

http://www.hatchcorp.com/lawpages/sog100_test.html

There are a bunch of good deals at this website.  Check out the Cold Steel knives, especially the Cat Tanto for $4 each.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top