Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 11:38:32 PM EDT
I am thinking trading in my current plate carrier for one of the "minimalist" types.

I went to a couple of classes, and my carrier has stayed in my closet since I've bought it, because I have found that I much prefer to run everything on my belt.

The only problem is, is that I still want something to carry my plates. I just don't want all the extra fabric retaining heat, constricting movement, etc etc etc when I don't even use it.

I figure with a minimalist design, It will hold the plates where I need them, and let me be as flexible, and cool as I need to be.

I am trying to decide between the GGG Minimalist, Blackhawk Low-Vis, and even the Max Pro Vector since It seems to be just what I need ...  I just can't find any reviews on the dang thing!

Being concealable would be nice, and both seem to be about the same size, the Blackhawk just being a bit smaller.

Does anyone have any experience with with these, or can anyone recommend one over the other? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT - I searched "minimalist" and "concealable" and came up nothing. If it's a dupe, please delete.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Patriot Performance

A little obscure yes, but i really like it.

With added sustainment pack

Slim
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I like my Velocity Systems LWPC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out our PIG BRIG or the First Spear Slick. Other than the S&S precision plate frame, they don't get more low pro that those

SOS
View Quote

+1K on the PIG BRIG. If you're looking for a lo-pro, minimilast PC then this is the one for you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The PIG Systema is a nice piece. Very minimalistic with many lightweight addons
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]
LBT 6094 Slick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Also Blue Force Gear Plate Minus. Like mine a lot, ultimate in minimalist plate carrier IMHO with JPC a close second. I use the Gear Sector kit and attach my  Mayflower chest rig as needed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in the same boat and currently trying to decide between the BFG Plateminus or the Crye Airlite EK01/EK02.  Leaning toward the Crye at 11 oz base weight that's hard to beat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also Blue Force Gear Plate Minus. Like mine a lot, ultimate in minimalist plate carrier IMHO with JPC a close second. I use the Gear Sector kit and attach my  Mayflower chest rig as needed.
View Quote

If I had to do it again, I'd still buy a BFG PLATEMinus. I love mine. Everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't. My Velocity Systems PBZ plates and backers fit flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out our PIG BRIG or the First Spear Slick. Other than the S&S precision plate frame, they don't get more low pro that those

SOS
View Quote

I just switched from a PIG to the First Spear First On for my work PC. I think a minimalist PC makes a lot of sense for an active shooter/higher threat for leo already wearing soft armor.

I still have my PIG for the zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had good luck with a TYR BPC.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love my Patriot Performance

A little obscure yes, but i really like it.

With added sustainment pack
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20141102_15_39_07_Pro_zpsb60a0599.jpg

Slim
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20140326_008_zpsf38fe772.jpg
View Quote

A co-worker of mine has that same set up and used it in Afghanistan. I fell in love with it. He introduced me to Chris P. several years later, and I've just flat out never asked him if he had a New Old Stock one laying about....but I think I will shoot him an email and....beg.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a crye airlite. It's the lightest thing I've found.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

PIG BRIG or PIG PC??

SOS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS

I just switched from a PIG to the First Spear First On for my work PC. I think a minimalist PC makes a lot of sense for an active shooter/higher threat for leo already wearing soft armor.

I still have my PIG for the zombie apocalypse.

PIG BRIG or PIG PC??

SOS

PIG PC.  Still the most comfortable (by itself) PC that I have used but too bulky when thrown over a uniform.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
PIG PC.  Still the most comfortable (by itself) PC that I have used but too bulky when thrown over a uniform.
View Quote

So......If your Naked under the PIG PC your good? but over a uniform its too bulky...right?

sorry couldn't resist.....

cp
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LBT 6094 Slick.
View Quote

Planning on picking one of these up the next time LBT has sale.

Going to run a chest rig over it when I need extra mags and kit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LBT 6094 Slick.

This is why I love mine...

Will eventually pick up a full 6094 when I find a good deal on a ranger green one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1K on the PIG BRIG. If you're looking for a lo-pro, minimilast PC then this is the one for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SOS

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
SKD is running some pretty sweet deals this week 15% PCs changes everyday...Wednesday is looking good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Crye JPC
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So......If your Naked under the PIG PC your good? but over a uniform its too bulky...right?

cp
View All Quotes
Quoted:

cp

LOL yeah my armor makes me look fat .

In all seriousness I was talking about the soft armor....I have IIIA inserts in my PIG for training/range/whatever days, so plates on top of 2 layers of IIIA armor is overkill.  So at work I wear issued soft/conceable armor with department plates in the First Spear minimalist PC and keep my PIG at the house.  This also let me have a black PC for work and a camo one for my own uses.  Got to keep the bossess happy.

Rob

ETA:  and yes, the SKD PIG is comfortable enough to fight naked in if I had too.  No pics so don't even ask
Top Top