Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 4:12:11 AM EDT
So I made a post earlier about my shotgun woes. This post is simply to get recommendations about a decent broomstick handle for a picatinny Mossy 500 slide.

I can use my hand directly on the slide, but my side mounted light occasionally gouges my thumb during firing. After a few bleeds, I decided I want a broomstick.

What is solid enough to handle racking a shotgun, I can get good purchase on? I ordered two no name brand ones on Amazon, and they were all super short, much to my dismay. They were like 3.5".  I want like 4.5" Should I just get a used KAC or something?  

I don't feel like going through the whole trial and error reinventing the wheel. Let me know what I should buy that will handle the job, or tell me why it's a bad idea to do so.

I appreciate the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally don't like vertical foregrips on shotguns. If you only need it because of the light, I'd figure out something else with the light. Get a cantilever mount to put it forward, or an offset mount to move it up high.

I had a VFG on a remington 870. After about 1 range session it was gone. If VFGs made your shotgun handle better you'd see them on the trap and skeet ranges.
I'd try something like this to mount the light.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cdm-Gear-Mtr-Gun-Light-Mount-For-Mossberg-for-Rail-Mountable-Tactical-Light/283697631776?epid=1074532665&hash=item420db25220:g:ma8AAOSwLgpf~goW
Personally I think railed forends on pump shotguns are a gimmick. I've heard VFGs on pump actions can cause you to twist the action bars and jam or damage the shotgun.
I tried to find mounts like I've used but couldn't find one.
https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-flashlight-mount.html this one is from a known good company. See how it gets the light out in front of you foregrip?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont trust something like a KAC on a shotgun. I'd rather have something like a Magpul RVG that uses two crossbolts imo.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Chainsaw grip FTW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top