Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 9:42:45 PM EDT
Greetings,

Came across old FN A5.  While cleaning it up noticed part of locking block rail sheared off.  
Can't seem to find old locking blocks for sale.  If anyone has a lead please share.  If you want to keep your obsolescent part supplier private please send me PM.

I'm aware I can replace Breech Block to use new style locking block, but I only put 40 bucks into the gun and rather not spend 250 for new parts.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Art’s Gun Shop in Hillsboro Missouri.  If he doesn’t have it he might point you in the right direction.  You will probably have to upgrade though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 07AMF:
Call Art’s Gun Shop in Hillsboro Missouri.  If he doesn’t have it he might point you in the right direction.  You will probably have to upgrade though.
View Quote

Yep this is your answer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I read that one right!?

$40 for an A5?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.  I'm aware of Art's.  Maybe I'll give him a call.  I also have a machinist friend who says they can mill down the a new block to old block style.  Headspacing and fit into locking recess on barrel extension might be a issue.

Cheap guns fall into my lap fairly frequently and I can usually get them working again.  However I bought this one on a whim, yes for $40.  Stock cut from the wrist and reinletted  with poor fit.  Action spring and plug seized in action tube.  Cracked and chipped forend.
I told my boy (14 y/o) to clean it up, fix forend and I'll get a new stock so he can have an autoloader.  However when he told me he got it stripped and parts into parts washer he said one part looked funny,  of course it was the locking block and so here I am.

This one might have to wait awhile.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top