Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 8:36:49 PM EDT
It looks really goofy.  Just picked it up from the FFL.  My cousin has one and the tube is a quarter inch shorter  than the barrel.  All the photos online show it shorter.  Any chance I has the 24in tube on my 22in?  Anyone have a 24in they can measure the tube for me?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'm failing to see the problem.  A 1/4 inch is nothing. I have a 22in and a 28in gun that has a mag tube that sticks out at least 5 inches.  You think about a 1/4 in looks "goofy". If it bothers you that much get extended chokes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I always wished mine was longer

that way you could probably get stated capacity with roll crimp shells as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Mossberg has changed suppliers (and some suppliers have changed specs) of those tubes over the years. 1/4” shorter....1/4” longer... is no big thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Function over form. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Run it as is and move on with your life.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Get an extended choke tube if it bothers you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mossberg has changed suppliers (and some suppliers have changed specs) of those tubes over the years. 1/4” shorter....1/4” longer... is no big thing.
View Quote

Not true.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The tube on the 24" JM would end up being almost 2" out past your muzzle, so it's definitely not the longer tube.  Does the tube have a recessed area for the clamp to sit?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#9]
A quarter of an inch?

Ok, Anal Annie
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

I stand corrected on the supplier change

But have the tube lengths changed slightly over time ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

Believe so.  I suspect the issue here is that OP got one of the first JMs with the new Nordic tube.  Mossberg has been using the old ones for quite some time, for whatever reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top