Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 7:53:37 PM EDT
I am interested in the Remington Tactical Exp. with the 7 round tube.  I already have an 870 with a +2, but every once in a while there will be a hang up.  Any difference in the two?  The way I see it is one less option for Murphy's law.  What say the hive?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a fair point. I had an 870 with a factory +2 extension and nothing I did could prevent it from hanging up every once in a while. Totally turned me off to 870s with extensions.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's a fair point. I had an 870 with a factory +2 extension and nothing I did could prevent it from hanging up every once in a while. Totally turned me off to 870s with extensions.

I use the 2-3/4" shells and seems to help a lot, but still may get the new one.

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

its the factory 2 piece extension..they SUCK..1 piece designs work fine..
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Had the same issue.  Went with a +1 extension and have not had any hang up issues now.  Smooth feeding of shells and total is 6 vice the 7 the Remington tube gave me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had the same issue.  Went with a +1 extension and have not had any hang up issues now.  Smooth feeding of shells and total is 6 vice the 7 the Remington tube gave me.

yeah i prefer the +1 extensions, doesnt change the balance like a +2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top