Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 9:49:06 AM EDT
Hoplite and I tried to get together to shoot some skeet today but we were rained out. How about we try for Sunday the 13th in the morning. We could shoot regulation trap or skeet at Brookhaven or try to shoot informal clays at Calverton. I would have to call Calverton because the last time I was there, the first week of September the owner's son said they were going to biodegrable clays. The bio clays are expensive and not always available. I will call if that is what we decide. I will shoot anything. I have two clay throwers. Please Advise, MIKE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't make tomorrow 10/13/02(2 days of rain has me screwed here at the golf course), but anytime in the future I would be interested in shooting.   The Brookhaven trap/skeet ranges are very nice but sometimes get real crowded in the mornings on sundays since there is also a league that shoots there sun. mornings so later in the morning or early afternoon may be a better time.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Green, I agree about Sunday mornings but I have to work in the PM. Might get rained out again, have to wait and see. Hope to get a large shotgun shoot together in the future. MIke.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Well the weather still sucks, Calverton is out too muddy. I called and you can still use regular clay birds. I am going to Brookhaven with my son in the morning if anyone can make it. I will be there at 9AM when they open. MIKE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
look for the black 1996 jetta glx.  Ill be there with my benelli and a case of shells.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you post directions to get there?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the L.I.E. to exit 68, William Floyd Highway. North on William Floyd to RT25, Middle Country Road. East on Rt25 for one mile or less. The range is on the left or north side of the road. You have to buy tickets from the officer before going down to the skeet fields. I drive a Black Chevy Impala. Mike.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Have fun, be safe!  I'll be thinking of you guys as I'm trying to get caught up taming the wild turf at the golf course!   See you next time for sure!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
What a blast.  I did 5 rounds of skeet with my scores being ok for a beginner ( i hope).  Most were around 12 with a high of 17 (last round) out of 24.  I left when it got too wet for me and the went to walmart in mid island bought a ase of high velocity size 8 7/8 oz of shot (didnt have any 8 regular on sale).  I hope this works out for next time and maybe it will help with my leading problem.
THanks again Mike for helping me get a feel and hopefully after 10,000 shells i will be hitting 24's each time
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Hop, Glad you had a good time, sorry Kevin and I had to leave early. Now that you are connected to the 12 gauge shotshell feeding tube my work is done. MIKE.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys,

I should be getting a shotgun pretty soon and would be interested in tagging along. Let me know of other dates.

Thanks,
Michael
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top