Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:54:32 PM EDT

I don't even like shotguns but I'm getting this.  The second greatest battle implement ever devised, after the AR15.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll also have to save-up some money for gunsmithing to try to make anything from that company actually work.z

ETA: I still want one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure that it will epitomize sound firearms construction.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Have the money in the account.  But not sure if I should get one when it comes out, or wait and see if it has any problems.  Hopefully it as badass as some are saying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You'll also have to save-up some money for gunsmithing to try to make anything from that company actually work.z

I know a person who has had to send his PF9 back six times. Keep in mind that this PF9 is shot almost every day since it's used to teach CCW classes. The Sub2000 isn't exactly 100% reliable either.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I will have one, oh yes
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No thanks, I already have a Benelli M4.

ETA on second thought after reading up on that beast I'll probably own one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
What's wrong with an 870 or Mossberg Looks like an answer to a question no one asked, IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I've got a couple other things to get... but that's up there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
i may get one for my girlfriend.  ...after the bugs have been worked out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No thanks, I already have a Benelli M4.

ETA on second thought after reading up on that beast I'll probably own one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 590. None for me more for you all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Word on the street is they don't slam fire, so rather not have it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The original ones did not reset like normal shotguns, but this has been fixed in the newer version.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Seems neat but like all the KelTecs I've played with I imagine it will be made out of flimsy plastic. I already have a Mossberg 500 and an Saiga-12 so it doesn't really fit into a niche I have.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I am - I am also not big on Shotguns but this one I must have
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Two things I want:

This shotgun and a plr16
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original ones did not reset like normal shotguns, but this has been fixed in the newer version.

Slam fire means you can hold the trigger and keep cycling the action and firing, it's a beautiful thing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I will be using my money for ammo for my current shoty. I'll stick with my HK Import Benelli

Sorry KT, not getting my money for that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slam fire means you can hold the trigger and keep cycling the action and firing, it's a beautiful thing.

I answered to fast...   they fixed the reset.    I guess I've never had a slam fire so I never really desired it.    I can't see why a normal reset is bad though.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's wrong with an 870 or Mossberg Looks like an answer to a question no one asked, IMHO.

There's nothing "wrong" with them. However, to get this size in a standard shotgun you need to cut capacity and register it with the Fed gov. To get this capacity you have to make it so long as to be functionally useless.

Whether or not you like KT or bullpups you have to see the utility of a 14+1 pump gun that is as short as legally possible.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#21]
what about UTAS new shotgun?
the UTS-15

UTAS

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#22]
The only thing I'm concerned about is how easy/difficult will it be to reload?

I like the idea it will be a 14+1 though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
what about UTAS new shotgun?
the UTS-15

UTAS

how much do these go for?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Before I think we can call this the second greatest battle implement ever, I think a few things need to be resolved.
It has to actually be produced and readily available.  Something KT has had issues with.
It has to work, reliably, for at least some noteworthy period of time.  Again, something KT has had issues with.
It would be nice if the mag tubes switched when empty.  From what I understand they are working on that.
So until it actually is produced in numbers and is actually proven across the board as a reliable shotgun I think it is a little premature to make such an incredible claim.
The concept is good.  If it is executed well then it could be a game changer in the shotgun world.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a person who has had to send his PF9 back six times. Keep in mind that this PF9 is shot almost every day since it's used to teach CCW classes. The Sub2000 isn't exactly 100% reliable either.

This is NOT A SEMI-AUTO shotgun...so the reliability isn't going to be as much of a concern.  

If Keltec released a single shot break open shotgun, we'd still be in here bashing their reliability.

If parts on it break...that's surely an issue.  Hopefully their metals and polymers are of sound design and construction.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I answered to fast...   they fixed the reset.    I guess I've never had a slam fire so I never really desired it.    I can't see why a normal reset is bad though.

No worries,  and if you have a spare $150 to $200 bucks and want to whip up a nice beater riot gun, the pawn shops are FULL of old Model 12's, Ithaca 37's and Stevens 520's that all slam fire.  It's LIGHTNING fast compared to a standard reset trigger.  Once you get used to it, (it's very unnatural at first) it's VERY accurate, even transitioning targets.

I've ran circles around guys with semi-autos with my M12, an experianced shooter with a siaga is still going to be faster, and reload quicker, but I give standard semi's a run for their money!

Plus, you can still reset it like a normal trigger, so you have the best of both worlds.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TgPyuYNMs

There's a video from a shotgun shoot I did, I'm in the green hat, slam firing my 66 year old shotgun.  Ammo is all slugs.
Having that capability with a 14 shot pump action would be AWESOME!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I may buy one for use as a cheap range toy.  If they prove somewhat reliable, I'll edit my post to "inexpensive range toy".
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Here's a question - How can I have a 14 round shotgun, where I have the choice to shoot slugs or birdshot without having to unload and reload?

There.  It's been asked.

And with this, it's been answered.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
The only place I could foresee any problems would be in the tube switch.  Other than that it's a pump shotgun, kinda hard to fuck that up, paramount to fucking up an AK............................don't say anything about Century, and thier angry, drunken monkeys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The only place I could foresee any problems would be in the tube switch.  Other than that it's a pump shotgun, kinda hard to fuck that up,...

The shell feed mechanism is probably very tricky, more so than on an 870.  After all, it has the added complexity of needing to feed from two sides.  That could easily get screwed up.  The selector is only one piece of that overall feed mechanism.  

The ejection port looks a bit crowded, too.  That could get screwed up.

The trigger could be mushy.

If the magazine tubes are perforated plastic, they could get dented/broken.

After viewing the YouTube videos, I was under the impression this thing is light in weight when empty - the recoil for even the non-magnum shells loooked pretty heavy.  One thing I like about my 870 is it has some heft to it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
It looks really interesting to me.  It also looks like it could be easy for a person to blow their own hand off if they aren't careful.  I would like to try one out though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The shell feed mechanism is probably very tricky, more so than on an 870.  After all, it has the added complexity of needing to feed from two sides.  That could easily get screwed up.  The selector is only one piece of that overall feed mechanism.  

The ejection port looks a bit crowded, too.  That could get screwed up.

The trigger could be mushy.

If the magazine tubes are perforated plastic, they could get dented/broken.

After viewing the YouTube videos, I was under the impression this thing is light in weight when empty - the recoil for even the non-magnum shells loooked pretty heavy.  One thing I like about my 870 is it has some heft to it.

Soooooo.... you hate the 870?  That's really all I'm getting from your post.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Soooooo.... you hate the 870?  That's really all I'm getting from your post.  

Your reading comprehension-fu is weak, Padawan.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seems neat but like all the KelTecs I've played with I imagine it will be made out of flimsy plastic. I already have a Mossberg 500 and an Saiga-12 so it doesn't really fit into a niche I have.

+1

This.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a benelli m2 tactical and it shoots everything and anything no problems! Dont need to spend anymore money m2 works just fine!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I am a die hard 870 guy but I want this thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top