Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 9:38:18 AM EDT
I have a Mossberg 930 special purpose 12ga that came from the factory with the brass bead front sight.  I want to replace that with a Meprolight night site but have never done that type of work before.  Does anyone know the best way to take off the factory site without damaging the threads or barrel?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to just unscrew it.  Does the bead have a hex nut base or is it just the bead?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
just the bead, I will try to simply unscrew but wanted to verify it didn't have to be heated or some other technique used to protect the barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they put thread locker on there, but I would try to just back it out with pliers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top