Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 1:49:37 PM EDT
Would u recommend buying or putting one together? Looking at 870, 590 or 500 12 gauge. Would like Black Hawk Stock, Extension Tube , Ghost Ring Sights, Light. What are the average prices for these guns. Where is the best place to get the parts I would need for these guns. About how much will it cost to do this. All help & suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Thanks Bill
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends which one you buy.  Your build specs don't fit for an HD.  Those sights don't go well for Home Defense and I am assuming that is what you want since you have a light.  If you find one close to what you want and start adding accessories you can end up with more into it then just finding what you want.

I recommend you get a basic Tactical 870 or 500 and spend some time shooting it and getting to know it.  You may very well find you would have wasted a lot of money putting to much stuff on it.  You will also be in a better postion to know what you need on it as opposed to what you want.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What Model would u recommend in the 870? Have any pics?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I suggest the #25077. It comes with a mag extension and barrel clamp w/sling swivel. No magazine "dimples" to remove. The barrel uses the ball detent. The last couple I bought came with the SpeedFeed LE forend. The stock sucks so you can replace that with anything of your liking. You can always sell off the factory extension if you prefer something like the Wilson, Vang etc.. They run around $320 in my area.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-synthetic-7-round.aspx
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Big difference between a tacticool fun gun and a serious HD weapon. Keep it simple for HD, buy a 870 or 500/590, go with bead sights and get a magazine extension.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Big difference between a tacticool fun gun and a serious HD weapon. Keep it simple for HD, buy a 870 or 500/590, go with bead sights and get a magazine extension.[/quote]

exhange magazine extension for a dedicated surefire forend

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big difference between a tacticool fun gun and a serious HD weapon. Keep it simple for HD, buy a 870 or 500/590, go with bead sights and get a magazine extension.[/quote]

exhange magazine extension for a dedicated surefire forend

I forgot that, I myself prefer mounting a Surefire G2 on the side since it's not as heavy. Although, the new forend models are a tad lighter.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest the #25077. It comes with a mag extension and barrel clamp w/sling swivel. No magazine "dimples" to remove. The barrel uses the ball detent. The last couple I bought came with the SpeedFeed LE forend. The stock sucks so you can replace that with anything of your liking. You can always sell off the factory extension if you prefer something like the Wilson, Vang etc.. They run around $320 in my area.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-synthetic-7-round.aspx

What part of Pa. are u in & Where do they have them at about $320

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of Pa. are u in & Where do they have them at about $320

Thanks

Tanners
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#10]
If you go with the Blackhawk stock or any other pistol grip style stay away from the Mossbergs due to the location of the safety.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top