Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 8:20:27 PM EDT
Gent's,

I want to mount a surefire to my M4 - however, I'm not sure what options are available. Can some of you guys post pics of your setups to give me some ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A 1" mag-tube mount is about the only (cheap) way currently. A good light-mount for the M4S90 is the only thing that is lacking. The other option is a B&T rail. Although that is about $350.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The FAB Defense rail isn't bad IF you can get it fit correctly.

It took an ungodly amount of fitting to get mine to work properly, but I also chopped off the top rail and built up the sides with JB Weld to make it fit solidily to the barrel.

If you are good at Epoxy and cutting/shaping messing around with shit, its not too difficult to do. Here is what mine looks like:

Was about 80 bucks.

As 12gauge said, the EASIEST method to do it, is to use a 1" flashlight mount. Although the problem with this, is that you cant field strip the gun without using tools.

The BEST one I have used was the Insight Technologies M3 1" light mount. Its designed for the glock-style rails, but I did use a low 1" scope ring to clamp onto it, and it worked really good. It also has Heli-coil re-enforced threads so unscrewing it wont hurt it in the long run.

The ITI mount has thin rubber pads on the inside to keep it from moving around and marring the finish, and since it clamps ALL the way around, it wont clamp the mag tube too hard and constrict the shells (which the Mesa Tactical double clamp did if I made it tight enough to not move around.)

ITI mount: (55 bucks)

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/insight-technologies-shotgun-adapter-p-105.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Sidearmor top rail. Surefire m600c Scout lights. 40" Surefire tape switch routed along the top rail via Ergo Grip wire loom rail covers. Pistol grip stock heavily modified to route the pressure pad beneath the rubber grip. Think CTC laser grip style activation for the weapon light. Absolute momentary control.
Excess wire is stored inside the butt stock. Roughly 4 hours of work each to fit the switch to the stock.  

2000 rounds down range so far without issues on the tan one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top