Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:18:23 PM EDT
Is $500 a good price for a used(but spotless) 930. Its the model with the LPA Ghostring,but no pistol grip. A deputy friend of mine is selling it to get into a Benelli M4.   Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That is the 930 SPX. That is a good price. They have been plagued with a front sight issue that Mossberg are fixing under warranty. Awesome gun, worth dealing with the front sight issue. I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the front site issue?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Usually canted to the left.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The front sight issue seems to hit about 10% or so of the factory 930 SPX models...like the man said, they usually have a fairly significant degree of cant to the left (when viewed from the butt of the rifle).  Some of them require replacement of the barrel or removal and proper installation of the front sight.  It has been Mossberg's policy so far jusst to replace the faulty barrels with new that have non-canted front sight posts.

Brand new in box models usually run around $600 (may or may not have the canted sight).  Used ones in like new to excellent condition don't usually run much less because of the difficulty to find these shotguns, although that difficulty has improved somewhat.  If it is in the shape you say it is, I'd jump on a $500 SPX like a fat guy on barbeque!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Like the other guys said if its the SPX, you should pick it up.  I was at Bass Pro the other day they have the combo model the 18" and 28" barrel combo for 549.00 I believe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm grabbing it!  I trust my friend.....site looked OK Saturday. I couldnt handle it to much,because my 2yr old daughter was with me at the shop. She wanted to hold it,asking me what its for?  I told her its for Dinosaurs.  Thanks for everyones help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 930 SPX that doesn't exhibit the cant sight issue but a friend has one that had the brl replaced.fixed by Mossberg.  I will say this, I love the shotgun so much I am thinking of picking up one of the combo hunting/hd guns so I can give the SPX to my pops––not only do I trust my life to it, but I would trust my families life to it too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
well you cannot get a better recommendation than the above poster.......I'm giving my Mom an parkerized 870 wingmaster 12gauge slug gun,that had been my HD shotgun...after I make her run a box of 8 shot thru. Thanks again guys you all make his a freakin great site!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top