Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 12:14:07 AM EDT
Hi

I have a Remington 870 Wngmaster and I was just wondering if any of you know if the 6 round sidesaddle from Tacstar would be comptable with the Surefire frontend without modifying a thing? I nice "drop-in" piece as such.

Or would should I just play it safe and get the 4 round sidesaddle?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:14:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a TacStar 6rd and a Surefire 618LFG on my 870P and everything drops right in with no mods necessary. It would be no different on a Wingmaster, Express, or Tactical 870.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks so much.

I just saw the 6 round sidesaddle came flush with the receiver. So I was worried that the front-end might need to go over the receiver a bit and thus would require some modifications eg. made shorter or wider to accomudate it.

I have this pet hate about modifying stuff. Stupid I guess but I hate any modifaction that is permanent. If I want to I should be able to revert the firearms to the stock standard condition I bought it at. However on somethings this cannot be avoided in which case I really debate if I need it for practical reasons or just to be tacticool

6 round sidesaddle it will be then.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You will ether have to cut down the left side of your forend or replace it completely with a shorter one that will not bang against the sidesaddle if you want to go with the 6-round.

The 4-round will work without any modification.

Personally, I would just cut down half of the forend and have the extra 2 shells.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a TacStar 6rd and a Surefire 618LFG on my 870P and everything drops right in with no mods necessary. It would be no different on a Wingmaster, Express, or Tactical 870.

Same here. The Tactstar bracket still leaves enough space for the Surefire.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You will ether have to cut down the left side of your forend or replace it completely with a shorter one that will not bang against the sidesaddle if you want to go with the 6-round.

Personally, I would just cut down half of the forend and have the extra 2 shells.

You must be thinking of the side saddle with the standard sporter forend. The OP was asking if the 6rd would get in the way of a Surefire Forend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be thinking of the side saddle with the standard sporter forend. The OP was asking if the 6rd would get in the way of a Surefire Forend.

Whoops

I believe the surefire forend will fit perfectly without any modification

Link Posted: 8/24/2009 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have this exact set-up on my Mossberg 500, the surefire forgrip is smaller than most stock fore grips so I don't know why it wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice. Thanks for the info. Now i can buy it with piece of mind.
Now to import the suckers. Those surefire front-ends do not come cheap. With duties and tax it's almost more than what I paid for the Remington 870.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top