Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2008 2:55:29 PM EDT
anyone know this shotgun..early daddy of the 1100..
I got one..rebuilding it a bit..besides needing a bead sight, I got all else..
new extractor set up, all in very good condition..
so, any info. input etc?

according to my parts guy, uses mostly 1100 parts. will a 1100 stock set fit it??

thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunted with a 20 gauge Sportman 58 for years growing up. It was a good gun then and my brother still shoots it. We've had it in service for maybe 30 years in our family and that's a lot of hunting. No parts needed replacing in all that time...until my black lab puppy gnawed on the buttstock LOL!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
anyone know this shotgun..early daddy of the 1100..
I got one..rebuilding it a bit..besides needing a bead sight, I got all else..
new extractor set up, all in very good condition..
so, any info. input etc?

according to my parts guy, uses mostly 1100 parts. will a 1100 stock set fit it??

thanks

It is more like an AK than a 1100,and the entire gas tube is in the lower shell mag!

The 1100 is mostly upside,and by that mag extentions can be added,the 58 is and allways be a three shot gun,just like the Rem11 sportsman.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top