Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2006 3:33:37 PM EDT
I am buying an 11-87 Police shotgun with the standard rifle sights tomorrow. I am interested in seeing what mods some of you have made to your 11-87P's. Post pics if possible and let me know how you like your 11-87 and any recommendations on "what to do or what not to do's" or regrets on some mods that you made to yours.

Also, who does professional customizing of 11-87's to make better combat shotguns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
11-87P is good to go as is(my god, I said good to go).  I wouldnt mess with it out of the box.  If I were you, I'd go out and put 1,000+ rounds down range, and then decide if you NEED and extra work.  What you NEED and what you WANT are to whole nuther' somethins'.  Need is always practical.  Want doesnt do much for you.

After 1K rounds, I decided I NEEDED an extended factory loading gate, like the ones that come on new P models, for faster reloads.  I got it.  I WANTED rifle sights on my 11-87SP and got them, but after that 1K mark I decided they werent what I NEEDED to get the job done.  Samething apples fot the side saddle, and SpeedFeed ammo bearing stock.  I dont NEED them, but I WANTED them.

Dont just send it off to let some gunsmith do whatever, decide for yourself.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't expect to do alot of modding to it. I think that a Speedfeed pistol grip stock would work well for me. I am not sure that they make one for this weapon with the shortened stock, but with body armor, a shortened stock is a must. I am only 5'7" and I don't think that a standard length stock will work for me. We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a speedfeed short LOP pistol grip stock on my 1100. They make one for the 1187 as well. If you want to go even shorter you can get the swat plate as an option. The LOP with the recoil pad is about 13 in. I don't know how much shorter it is with the swat plate installed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2006 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
All I have done to mine was put an Advanced Technology pistol grip stock it.  Feels pretty good. Mine also has the rifle sights and the only thing else I want to do is put a light on it.   I'll try and get a pic up for you tomarrow.  The only problems I had with mine was with Remington reduced recoil slugs, they wouldn't cycle.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2006 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
come-on, lets se some pics.

An 11-87 Police is my next purchase.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, here's the bets one I have.  I have been too lazy to take anymore.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2006 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine:

This has a Speedfeed IV-S stock.  The SWAT plate would decrease LOP by about an inch, I think, but at the cost of more punishment to your shoulder.
A DMW Easy Loader replaces the factory button/lifter.
Not visible is a Choate oversized charging handle to make operation with the left hand easier.
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
No longer in my stable, but here's a little pic:

To the stock gun (ghost-ring sight model), I added a Wilson/SGT jumbo-head safety, Choate extended charging handle, TacStar side saddle and Surefire forearm.

Link Posted: 7/18/2006 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll post a pic of my 11-87 wannabeP (Sportsman Model).  I had Hans Vang work on the barrel, changed the stock to an Outers "youth" LOP, and added a side saddle.  Works very well for me.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/Brauer/87011-87.jpg

870 shown for extra credit.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#10]
More please
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont know much about those stocks but you talk about "SWAT" plate Im thinking its just a steel plate instead of a rubber butt pad? Why not just buy the standard stock, take off the rubber butt pad for if you need to use armor but if you take it for practice just throw the pad back on?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice shotguns. I would be all over one of these if my dept. allowed us to carry semi auto shotguns. SWAT carries entry Benellis but everyone esle is stuck with the pump guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top