Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:39:41 PM EDT
So that is my question, who makes a GOOD Picatinny rail base for the 870???  I thought that Warne made one but now I can't seem to find it.  I know Badger makes some great stuff (I have a Tactical Latch on my AR) but don't like the $120 price tag!!!  Anyone know what Remington uses on the 870 Max and Tactical models?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Leupold (sp?) makes one, I used to have one but never put it on my gun (got the sst-870).  I assume they are good quality considering their optics are second to none.

store.yahoo.com/cdnn/rem87012gaqu.html

CDNN has them, outta stock though.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Needs to be an actual rail base not a saddle mount.  I'm calling Remington right now to see if they have any ideas.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Well then there's the SST-870 and Mesa Tactical makes one but they are both like $250ish

KAC 870 RAS is always out there, but your more like to see an african american in a synonague than find that.  Plus it has alot of issues with it from what i've heard

The SST-870 does work amazingly though cost a pretty penny though
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, the response I got from Remington was that all of their LEO/Military ordered guns that have a rail request get...  A Weaver brand rail!  I called up Weaver and they said yes they are in fact the supplier to Reminton for all accesory rails for tactical/LEO/military shotguns.  Hmmm.  Suprises me they would use a $7 rail but who am I to judge.  I ordered one and it is on the way.  Now my only concern is the Weaver/Picatinny compatability...  I''l have to wait and see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top