Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:04:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the serial # suffix "V" or "M" ? Not all 870 reciever will eject the 3" shell.

870 Info chart
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I had an old Wingmaster that was converted from a 2 and 3/4" only receiver to be able to fire 3 inchers... Basically, what the job entailed was opening the ejection port up a bit, and relocating the ejector - then, a refinish job on the receiver, afterwards... In my case, I was already having the gun refinished, and my 'smith buddy asked if I wanted a 3" conversion for a little more $$$ - so I went for it... The project went well - that gun would cycle 3 " shells with nary a hitch afterwards... Anyways, the receiver needs to be reworked as I described, and you have to have a 3" capable barrel - and yes, your receiver is strong enough for 3" shells...

Also, GunCat is correct - if your receiver is a "V" suffix, it's a 2 and 3/4" only receiver - if it's an "M" suffix, it's already 3" capable...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top