Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:42:24 AM EDT
I was considering converting my old 1100 into a tactical version.  I was never fond of the 1100 competition master because I didn't like all the extras on it.  How ever I noticed new for 2006 there is a tactical 1100 simular to the competition master.  
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/tactical_shotguns.asp
Any one have any first hand experience with it?  Is it a competition master with less fancy doo dads on it?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have converted my 1100 to a combat gun, I put a choate pistol grip stock and a surefie lighted forarm on it, choate mag ext, and night sites. I bought a used barrel to cut down so I could keep my other barrel to hunt with if need be...

Drew
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was considering converting my old 1100 into a tactical version.  I was never fond of the 1100 competition master because I didn't like all the extras on it.  How ever I noticed new for 2006 there is a tactical 1100 simular to the competition master.  
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/tactical_shotguns.asp
Any one have any first hand experience with it?  Is it a competition master with less fancy doo dads on it?  

Looks the same as the 1100CM to me.  What "Extra" doo dads are you talking about that you diddn't like?  and also how were you planning to converting you current 1100 into a tactical gun (IE what you putting on it?)

The only extra parts on my 1100CM as far as I see it make it the tactical gun I was looking for.

Just cerious what you diddn't like about the 1100CM but you still want a tactical 1100 (new or converision)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...parkerized (?) metal...

I think it is just a DurraCost like finish, I saw one of the 870s today and it looks/feels like their normal 870 Express finish, but green
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I like to know the answer as we'll.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
As in extra doo dads I ment the fiber optic sights, velcro shot shell attachment, and extra middle aiming beed.  I am a more plain jane kind of guy when it comes to what I like in a tac weapon.  
I curently have the synthetic 1100 with the 28 inch barell for trap.  It would be easy to just add a magazine extension and change the barell but I am the kind of guy that likes dedicated guns not one with a lot of configs.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top