Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:25:18 AM EDT
To make it better and more mall ninjaish?

It has rifle sights, and an extended magazine tube.  PS, i thought it was 7+1, but I can only fit 6+1.  The 7th shell wont lock in the tube.  It will almost fit, but run out of room.  Seems to be, it needs about a 1/4" and it should fit.  I was using Fed 2 3/4 00.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
John Norrell can modify your bolt to allow one extra shell to ride on the carrier under the bolt.

www.johnnorrellarms.com/products.asp

When H&K imported the Benelli M1 Super 90 and Super Black Eagle until 1/1/98, the shotguns had the
capability to hold and fire an additional shell in the “tray.” This feature is exclusive to Benelli
shotguns only and allowed Benelli shotguns that were legally plugged for three shot waterfowl hunting
to actually hold and fire a fourth round. Benelli shotguns now imported do not have this capability
. of an extra round capacity due to a modification to the bolt carrier. This modification can
. be corrected to allow the additional shell capacity. Send only your bolt and bolt carrier for modification... $50.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
nothing the M1 is perfect :)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
nothing the M1 is perfect :)

I agree.  The only I would add to your M1 is Ghost Ring Sights (if you like them) and a barrel that uses choke tubes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
what about shell holders?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
John Norrell can modify your bolt to allow one extra shell to ride on the carrier under the bolt.

When H&K imported the Benelli M1 Super 90 and Super Black Eagle until 1/1/98, the shotguns had the
capability to hold and fire an additional shell in the “tray.” This feature is exclusive to Benelli
shotguns only and allowed Benelli shotguns that were legally plugged for three shot waterfowl hunting
to actually hold and fire a fourth round. Benelli shotguns now imported do not have this capability
. of an extra round capacity due to a modification to the bolt carrier. This modification can
. be corrected to allow the additional shell capacity. Send only your bolt and bolt carrier for modification... $50.

Does anyone have any pictures of how this is done? I'm trying to wrap my head around it but don't have a Benelli of my own.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
On mine, I had the extended tube magazine, pistol grip buttstock, sideshell carrier for spare ammo, rifle sights (but prefer ghost rings) GG&G charging handle (must have) and a tactical sling that I designed and manufacter. And an old school Surefire forestock tactical light. It was the perfect setup.

The only thing I was thinking about before I sold it was to make it an SBS at 14 inches.

I could put 7 rounds downrange in about 7 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
maybe a sling and light otherwise leave it alone
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anyone have any pictures of how this is done? I'm trying to wrap my head around it but don't have a Benelli of my own.

I don't have a picture, but when I sent my bolt in, it looks like he milled the underneath side of the bolt to allow the carrier to open.  It sounded like Benelli changed to bolt to not allow the extra shell, but he mills the bolt back to what HK used to sell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17700&st=25

Here's a thread about doing that mod
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#10]
You can do the bolt mod real easy, I did mine, you can see the pics of my bolt in the above thread.  Other than that I would put a limbsaver recoil pad on your shotgun and leave it alone.

Andy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top