Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:06:34 AM EDT
....and I can't for the life of me figure out how it goes back together.

I purchased a beater 500A at a gunshow this past weekend and was cleaning out all the mud & leaves.  Literally.  Since my other Mossberg scatterguns were all purchased new they've never been that dirty so as to require complete disasembly.  Unfortunately they are currently at the gunsmith getting new night sights installed so I can't even use them as a good point of reference.

I was doing fine until I pulled one particular pin out a little too far and one of the springs went "boing" before I could see how it was oriented.    The only online schematics I can find are too low-res to see how it should all line up.

Can anyone help with high-res photos, schematics or directions?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope this schematic helps.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been right there.  My uncle gave me a 500 beater and he's famous for not cleaning.  I pushed out that same pin and it was like the receiver crapped on the table.  I worked for 3 hours without the picture and got it back together.  

So hang in there, or I'll give you $5 for it all and I'll pay shipping.

R.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I figured it out.

I went to my gunsmith and got one of the (still assembled) trigger assemblies from one of my guns that he is working upon.  With a "working" model to go on, I was able to figure out how to reassemble everything in short order.

Thanks guys,
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top