Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 11:31:57 AM EDT
OK, I've taken my minty pre-94 M3 Super 90 out of storage to try my hand at 3-Gun.  But, besides a very brief checkout of it when I bought it way back in pre-ban days, I haven't look at it at all besides putting it into storage.

Now that I'm actually taking a serious look at it, I've got a few questions that I'm hoping you folks can answer for me.

*Given that its a minty pre-ban M3 Super 90.  What is its value?  Would I be better off getting a Mossberg pump as beater for 3-Gun and saving wear-tear on M3 for the resale value?

*Why is it HK/Benelli?  I checked the websites and it looks me like its made by Benelli.  But my warranty card actually refers me to HK.   Plus, there are all those references out there to HK shotguns which all look like Benelli's.  Are they HK shotguns or Benelli?

*Chokes.  I know that my M3 came with a cylinder bore, but is the barrel threaded for chokes to tighten the pattern?  Some sources say "yes", some say "no".  If it is threaded for chokes, where can I get my hands on some?

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping me out,

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about 3-gun, but if you have to have a pump for it, you're going to have a helluva time with the m3.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, I've taken my minty pre-94 M3 Super 90 out of storage to try my hand at 3-Gun.  But, besides a very brief checkout of it when I bought it way back in pre-ban days, I haven't look at it at all besides putting it into storage.

Now that I'm actually taking a serious look at it, I've got a few questions that I'm hoping you folks can answer for me.

*Given that its a minty pre-ban M3 Super 90.  What is its value?  Would I be better off getting a Mossberg pump as beater for 3-Gun and saving wear-tear on M3 for the resale value? That is your call, but a Benelli will take thousands of shells before you see wear-tear. I would shoot semi auto in a three gun match, but if only shoot pump then a Mossberg 500 or 590 might be a cheap way to go.

Benelli M3 are selling for 900 to 1,400.

*Why is it HK/Benelli?  I checked the websites and it looks me like its made by Benelli.  But my warranty card actually refers me to HK.   Plus, there are all those references out there to HK shotguns which all look like Benelli's.  Are they HK shotguns or Benelli? Your gun is marked HK/Benelli because the gun is made by Benelli yet was imported and distributed through HK. HK had a very good track record for Sport and Law Enforcement so it was a perfect fit.
HK and Benelli must have had a falling out, and Benelli is now made in the same place, they do the importing and distibuting.
 It is a Benelli.

*Chokes.  I know that my M3 came with a cylinder bore, but is the barrel threaded for chokes to tighten the pattern?  Some sources say "yes", some say "no".  If it is threaded for chokes, where can I get my hands on some? If you wanted to use chokes you could look into a new barrel. My Benelli M1 has a 18 1/2 " barrel with 5 choke tubes. With the choke tubes you can shoot trap with your tactical shotgun. Or if you wanted you could buy a 21" ventrib barrel like my other Benelli M1s. The 21" would be great for hunting, 3 gun matches, and sporting clays.
You can tell if you gun will take choke tubes by looking at the muzzle. The choke tubes will have little notches ranging from I to IIIII or 1 to 5.

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping me out,

-Frank

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top