Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:56:39 AM EDT
I just bought an 11-87 last week.  It already has an 18" barrel w/ 2 shot extension.  I plan to change the rifle sights to ghost ring, and add a side saddle, light, extended bolt handle, stock w/ pistol grip, and big head safety.  Which stock would you guys recommend?  I'm leaning towards the speedfeed with the shortened LOP.  Also, heard of some people modifying the bolt release for easier access.  Is that just a replacement bolt release, or does the one currently on the gun have to be modified?    
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me help ya. Speed feeds are nice get the shorter one. The charge handles are changed in seconds. No modifications. Brownells sells alot of stuf for the 11-87
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the "bolt release" you're asking about is the DMW "Easyloader".
This is a stainless steel extended lever that replaces the standard carrier release button on the carrier.

This longer release has a groove that aligns the shell, and to load, all you have to do is push the shell into the magazine like you do on a pump gun.
When you push the shell in, the carrier is automatically unlocked by the longer release.

You can buy this from Brownell's Gunsmith Supply:
DMW Easyloader for Remington 1100/11-87.  #260-100-000   $29.95.

www.brownells.com

Most people who run HD or Combat Remington autos use this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top