Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 11:46:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy an autoloader for home protection and 3-gun matches.  I was planning on getting an 11-87, but then I noticed that a lot more 3-gun shooters are using 1100's.  I had an 11-87 before, but I have no experience with the 1100.  Why are people choosing the 1100 over the 11-87?  What are the differences between the two?  
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
11-87 - 3" mags, better bolt and trigger
1100 - 2 3/4"

If you're shooting for speed - you're prob. not shooting 3" Mags, so why spend the extra $$$?

Love my 1100.  She will have a home in my safe for a very long time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 11-87 but needed to sell it years ago when my wife and I had to relocate (selling a house while paying rent, while building a new home = $$$$)

I really liked the 11/87 but it really did not like the really light trap loads while my father's 1100 loved them...  I primaily hunt upland game or shoot trap and clays so for me the 1100 is a better choice.  If you hunt a lot of waterfowl or want to hunt turkey with a semi then the 11-87 would be a better choice...  

I have never replaced my semi shotgun and I have been using an 870 for the past several years...  I am digging through these threads here as I am thinking about a shotgun purchase this fall and leaning towards the 1100...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys.  I actually ended up finding an 11-87 for a good deal from a friend at work.  I don't plan on shooting a lot of light loads, so hopefully it will be good for me.  Now I just need to trick it out a bit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top