Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 5:52:08 AM EDT
Has anyone seen the mount that clamps to the barrel, the extended magazine, and also has another mount below to mount a flashlight.  It is a one piece part and I think you can put a sling mount on the side.  It would keep the mount from twisting.....
I saw a picture of one but don't remember where.  If anyone has seen it or knows where to find one let me know please.

Thanks,

Jack R
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The best solution is to step up and use the Sure Fire built in forearm high intensity light.

It is NOT Cheap, (quality products rarely are!) but then the life of you and your family IS worth about $200 or so, isn't it???

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The best solution is to step up and use the Sure Fire built in forearm high intensity light.

It is NOT Cheap, (quality products rarely are!) but then the life of you and your family IS worth about $200 or so, isn't it???

BIGGER_HAMMER
h.gif

Very True, and I appreciate the advice, it is sound, But I don't have a family, just me, and I have a (few) shotguns around the place in different areas....   No, I'm not paranoid, but if I get robbed they may not get all of my guns!  
Any way I have one Surefire System, and thought I would put a Nitrolon of this one (it only has a hand grip).  And I would not have to worry about the batteries all the time.  I have surefires placed around also, 7 I think, just got a M3, and my 2nd G2 from Grant.....
Back to the original post...
I know I have seen a mount with the three clamps, unless I dreamed it.  If anyone knows of one or sees one please let me know!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jack R
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Recon Jack,

I don't think that the nitrolon lights will work in the SureFire mounts, as most were designed for the 6P light.  I think that the nitrolon body is just a tad wider (due to the surface texture) than the 6P (BUT I CAN NOT SWEAR TO THAT!) .  If it is wider, then the standard clamp type SureFire mounts probably won't work for the Nitrolon.

If you are trying to go with a move between guns light, I might suggest the Stream Light M-3 series.

they will fit to glock type rails, and Stream Light makes shotgun mounts for Rem and Mossberg shotgun mag tubes (it is a plate type adaptor mount that fits at the end of the mag tube and is secured with either the mag extension or the screw off type magazine end cap.  Of course you have a bunch of surefires so you may not want to buy another light system...

I have looked over several of my surefire catalogs (present and past!) looking for the mount you discribed, but I don't see anything in the current catalog like that.

In the oldest catalog I still have ('98)  listed a M17 mount that would fit on on a 1" diameter tube with a open area to secure the light.  That is a one piece unit, but you couldn't drop the light out to move it to another gun.

That catalog also shows a M12 and M35 base that fits to a 1" diameter tube.  those end with a weaver trype base so you could match it to a M10 or M45 weaver type base that holds the light.  That way to can seperate the light from the gun mounted base. and move a light between guns.

Not 100% sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it provides something useful for you!

If you want, I could scan the mounts page from the old catalog and you could see if what they were selling was what you wanted.  E-mail me if you need it!  As  the Where to find N.O.S. on these mounts would be a question I don't know, but half the battle is knowing WHAT it is that you are looking for!

Might want to call SureFire at 800-828-8809 to see what they can tell you!

Hope this Helps You Buddy!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The mount you are looking for is from TacStar and will effectively hold both a Laser and a light. It's not a cheap part and works well.

CaCrusin href=www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I found it, and ordered 2.
thanks for the help!

Jack R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top