Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 5:55:18 PM EDT
I've never fired a shotgun that had a pistol-grip forend...honestly, one that I handled in a store looked and felt a bit awkward.

Is it just something you get used to, or do you feel there's additional benefits to it?  I like the traditional forend on my pump gun and don't plan on changing it, but I'd like to hear opinions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive shot both ways and it is definetly easier to handle with pistol grip, especially when reloading while keeping muzzle down range
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm about to cut off all but one finger groove of my pistol front grip. I don't use it as a normal pistol grip. I just have my pinky and ring finger on it. That's just me though. It's my hunting shotgun anyways.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Use which ever one is more comfortable to you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use which ever one is more comfortable to you.

After the fiasco with the noob in the Handgun Forum, we shouldn't say that anymore
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
edit: mods please delete; wrong topic!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the input...I've never considered that it could be used as a better "grip" on the gun during reloading.

I like the feel of the normal forend, and the way it looks, but now I see why some people prefer the other.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
How are you reloading if you are using the forward grip?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top