Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 6:02:24 PM EDT
Which do you prefer on a Rem. 870 and why?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with synthetic on my last Police gun, because the synthetics seem to take water and bumps better.

The newer Police models have walnut stocks, while the older ones I had years ago were hardwood.

The only thing I don't like about the synthetic is the hollow "THONK" the butt stock makes if you bump it.  
I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm going to fill it with some expanding foam which should eliminate that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus mike, you do own alot of shotguns.  Here you are buying a buttload of shotguns and I'm hemmin and hawin over what barrel to buy next.  I do have this thought in the back of my mind that maybe I should just get another that would fill my needs better.  If there is such a thing.  How do you like them 1100's?  Are they picky about ammo?????
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are buying it to hunt with synthetic.  All of mine are wood, but my next one won't be.  Why?  Lighter, color/camo choices, scratch resistent, water means nothing, and you don't have to spend the day pissed off the first time you scratch that beautiful walnut stock on something.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody want's to buy some NEW SYN remy Stock Only one set  let me know!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Wood furniture fan, here - for most of the reasons Mike cited on their behalf... Sure in a hunting gun, they pick up a little "character", but hey - it's a hunting gun - it's supposed to look like it's been afield... I've got synthetics on a couple of my guns, but just don't care for 'em like I do wooden furniture....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the look of a wood stock all beat up.  In fact, I like the look of any gun that looks like someone uses it.  Not like they let it sit all year and barely ever touch it.  My guns are far too pristine and I've got to break them in more.  Because it means I would be doing something with them!!!  I don't mean faux wear, I mean true wear.  I'm a frustrated country boy who works in a city only to want to be in the country shooting something, you see!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
All my pumps have wood furn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top