Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:57:34 PM EDT
Does anyone make this and is it too much as a defense round cause it will go through the neighbors walls?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently Remington makes them and I would imagine others must too then.

www.remington.com/ammo/shotshell/exp_bucksh.htm

I don't know about overpenetration, but with 18 pellets you can be assured that whatever you shoot with it will definately be hurting!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just having a hard time finding these.
3" and 2-3/4" are everywhere
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Winchester makes them too:

www.winchester.com/products/catalog/shotdetail.aspx?symbol=XB12L00&use=4&gauge=12

I haven't seen them in stores either, but I think if you did a google search for them, you would find a company like Midway, Cabelas or Natchez Shooters supply might have them. They sure would be "Rhino rollers"!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone make this and is it too much as a defense round cause it will go through the neighbors walls?

Normal 12GA allready does this...

3.5" will be worse...

So unless you fight rampaging grizzlybears, not a good defense round...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Normal 12GA allready does this...

3.5" will be worse...

So unless you fight rampaging grizzlybears, not a good defense round...

sensible
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I know of one gun shop I've seen them stocked, in CT near my woman's house. I think 9 pellets of 00 is enough for  most defensive purposes, but maybe one day I'll check out the 3 1/2 shells for fun factor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I know guys who bought the  3 1/2  shotguns for hunting...most were sold to some other sucker after the first outing...BRUTAL recoil

I saw a test a few years ago were they were using standars 00 buck,, not  magnums. It was out an abandoned house. Standing  at the curb they fired 00 buck at the house. Unless it hit a stud or something else the buck exited out the backside of the house. I worked a shooting a few years back
the suspect shot at the victim with buckshot, he missed, it went throught the metal siding, into the house and through another interior wall.  Stick with standard or tactical 2 3/4 for defensive purposes.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top