Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:38:33 AM EDT
Okay.. who has the bottom line best price on this?

I want to get one for my home defense shotty.

I've looked on the EE, none for sale. None on e-bay.

I'm hoping to beat surefire's MSRP, but I don't know where else to look...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Grant.  I just picked up a 918FA.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
WildWestGuns just did a group buy on the high road forum.  35% off across the board on all surefire lights.  918FA was $196 + $8 FEDEX 2 day.  cant beat that
Chris
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you're really opposed to the idea, I'd definitely look for a used model.  I have a lot of Surefire, and several of them have been used, they work just as well.
Shouldn't be to hard to find one for aroud $100-$125.

As much as I hate auctions, I'd check out a Auctionarms.com and gunbroker.com, maybe even Ebay.  I think (may be mistaken) that CDNN had some police trade-in models in one of their last catalogs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked one up at the Cabella's near Allentown PA.

I did pay MSRP, but, I had it in my hand before I paid for it.  I don't understand some people who just will absolutely not pay retail.  My step-father was like that.  It pisses me off, frankly.  Some people think they are better than paying what something costs.

I can understand if money is tight and all, but my step-father was an auto worker for goodness sakes!  It seems to me that it's usally the folks who can most afford things gripe the most about paying for them.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I did pay MSRP, but, I had it in my hand before I paid for it.  I don't understand some people who just will absolutely not pay retail.  My step-father was like that.  It pisses me off, frankly.  Some people think they are better than paying what something costs.

I can understand if money is tight and all, but my step-father was an auto worker for goodness sakes!  It seems to me that it's usally the folks who can most afford things gripe the most about paying for them.  

Well MSRP does not equal cost.  Most people know this and therefore try to hunt down the best deal.  Because, after it is all said and done, you are paying for the markup.  If I can find a dealer who gives a better price than MSRP, I'll take it.  No need to pay FULL markup at MSRP when you can find it elsewhere for a bit less.    
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are you serious?  If you can easily save money, why not do it?  

If you buy a new car or house, do you not negotiate the price?  If you need a TV and it is on sale at Best Buy, would you pay full price at Circuit City just because it's 5 miles closer?

Like Mattld said, there's a BIG difference between MSRP and dealer cost.  If one dealer is charging $200, and another is charging $250, I must assume that one dealer is making more money of me.

Psst...  That's how some folks get rich, by shopping smart and saving money.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unless you're really opposed to the idea, I'd definitely look for a used model.  I have a lot of Surefire, and several of them have been used, they work just as well.
Shouldn't be to hard to find one for aroud $100-$125.

Word.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought mine at a gun show for 160.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you guys kind of missed my point, or, I didn't really communicate it well.

What I'm talking about is paying the price on the sticker, not what's in the catalog.  Yeah, you can find better deals if you shop.  But, for me, I value customer service and selection as opposed to price.  This, I think (and HOPE!!) is how the smaller shops that we all like to haunt can stay in business.

Sure, we can go on the internet and buy ammo soooooo cheap.  Hey, I do to!  I love to get the cheap wolf ammo with the free cans.  

I don't know.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I just despise people who think they are special and deserve a break on the price because of their "superior negotiating skills".  They may indeed, end up with much more money in the bank than I.  But they are still ASSHATS!!!!

But not you guys, you're my ARFCOM bro's!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Fair enough, I don't like some low ballers myself.  I won't bug the shit out of a dealer until he gives me a discount, but I will shop around.  I really hate it when I sell something on the internet at a price I consider fair (let's say $200) and some jerkoff comes along and says I'll take it for $100, you cover shipping.  Don't waste my time.

I must admit that I buy 90% of my stuff online nowadays.  I feel bad for the little businesses in town, but if you don't keep up with the times, you'll get left behind.  My local dealers don't stock much good stuff and they don't carry the high end accessories (I don't blame them, that's a tough sell), so rarely do they have anything I need/want.  Even when they do have something good, their prices are a LOT higher then what I can get online.

I would gladly pay a little extra locally, if it meant I could examine the product and get it right away, but sadly that doesn't happen.  So I try to support ARFcom dealers, so at least I can feel good about that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, big +1 on buying stuff online!  I buy all my new guns thru a local FFL via Davidson's.  He has a bunch of typical pawn shop junk, but it a nice guy so and listed on Davidson's so I give him the business.

Let's see, who else do I buy online from.  Keep in mind, I'm a trucker, so when I'm home, I wanna shoot not chase errands.

My online suppliers:

Brownell's
Cheaper than Dirt
Davidson's
Cabella's

I shop at the Texas Army-Navy store by Love Field in Dallas (cuz they gots some hot chicks werkin their!!) But online they are known as Armed Forces Merchandise Outlet,
It's just so much easier to buy online, get a tracking number, and grab goodies when I hit the mail box!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...I want to get one for my home defense shotty...

Mine:

My wife's:

I couldn't recommend them more strongly if I worked for Surefire.

FWIW, I got both of these wholesale back when I was a dealer - don't have any idea where to get the best retail price.  But mine have proven to be quite hardy - I wouldn't hesitate to follow the suggestions above & buy a used one (if you can find someone willing to part with one - I know I wouldn't).  Best of luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a used one I could part with, I'll even include fresh batteries. It's the old style with no constant on switch and no LED's. I applied "skateboard tape" because the older ones had a lack of traction that made cycling the action kinda challenging. I'd take $125 shipped, IM if interested.

Here's a pic from when it was on my shotgun:  It's still in excellent condition.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Hardshell, looks like your wife can beat you up!!!

YOU should have the pistol grip shotty!!!

If we become a Surefire dealer soon, I won't have to worry about it.

As an employee, I get one purchase a year @ 60% off.

If the owner does it in the next week of so, I'll just order it.

If not.... well, I won't pass on a good deal...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hardshell, looks like your wife can beat you up!!!

YOU should have the pistol grip shotty!!!...

Don't be deceived by appearances - her 870 has had the elevator modified to reliably feed the Aguila mini-shells, while mine's loaded with full-size tactical buckshot.  Besides, I prefer a full buttstock on a shotgun.  I have tried to get her to switch to one, but she's good enough with her set-up that I can't really argue with her.  Heck, at least she likes to shoot!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top