Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 3:46:42 PM EDT
Not for me, but for a freind. He basically wants a 2-bbl breakopen. No pumps or semis. Doesn't want to spend much, and is looking into a Baikal SxS or O/U.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering that I have spent more on just having a single shotgun fitted to me than the low budget shotgun sells for, my best advice to pass on it in favor for a shotgun that would fit his budget/needs and will be a lot happier once the novelty of a cheaply made O/U wears off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This is such a hard question because there are more questions than answers. First off does he already shoot skeet, if yes what gun is he shooting now? Is he just going to shoot for fun or is he serious? Is he going to shoot all gauges? What is his budget? What guns has he already shot? If he is a first timer and has not shot much he would be better served with a off the rack auto to start off with. As he gets into the game he can shoot other peoples guns before he buys.

I have been shooting skeet for the past three years. This year I joined the NSSA and am starting to get serious. I am still shooting auto's in 3 of the 4 gauges, don't own a 28 gauge auto yet. I will need a O/U as I get better. My plan is to hold out untill I can afford a good gun. While I am waiting I try as many guns as I can to get the feel of the different ones available. If my kids were not starting school and my wife not extending the house I would buy a K-80, (10,000.00) but a Beretta 682, (4,000.00) fits in my budget better.  When it comes right down to it money is going to be the final answer. I would rather see you friend buy a expensive auto like a Beretta AL391 Tekneys, (1,500.00) than a cheap O/U. But like most people he would do just fine with a Remington 1100 to start and see if he is going to stick with the game. Browning is a good place to start also. Tell him to look at the 525 and the Cynergy. MIKE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top