Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 1:18:11 PM EDT
Anyone here have one? Are they as good as they claim? I have only seen one pic on this site of a KNOXX-equipped gun and searches turned up nothing. Does anyone know if they are compatible with the Surefire 618 fore ends?

Answers?

Opinions?

More questions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If you mean the folder, I have one on an 870.  I used it to build what I call a light weight gun for the truck or pack.  It has a 18.5" barrel and no extras on it.  No saddle,light or extended mag tube.  I also want to try using it with my slug barrel.  I have an original hastings rifled slug barrel (20 years old) the scope is mounted forward on the barrel, so it is out of the way of the stock when folded.

My feeling was if the gun was going to be light weight, the recoil reducing cam would be a nice addition.  It does work very well.  You can shoot a field load or Federal buffered tactical load with one hand easy.  I have also had others try it too.  I don't plan to shoot it in the folded position but the point is I tested their claim and it worked.

I don't want a folder as my primary shotgun, but it has it's place.  I would think their standard stock would be great for a dedicated slug gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i've got the folder on an old wingmaster

it works great

i can shoot slugs out of it one handed without pain. you can shoot bird shot with the wire stock all day long with no worries.

the folder is cool for keeping it next to the bed, but i wish i would have gotten the knoxx non-folding stock because i'd like to be able to put a red dot and side saddle on this thing

and the folder fits pretty tight around the receiver so anything that stick out on the sides won't work with it

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I think I'll get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top