Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2002 4:50:11 AM EDT
I think most people are aware of the AK-style Saiga autoloader shotguns, but fewer are familiar with Baikal's line of magazine-fed, pump shotguns. Like the Saiga, the Baikals are made in Russia. I have a model IZH-81M, 12 gauge, 20 in barrel. I use it in local tactical competitions.

I added fiber optic sights (it comes with a hunting-style bead sight). It easily shoots 3 in groups with slugs at 50 yards.

The manual shows options, although I don't think they are imported, like folding stocks and pistol grip stocks. There is also a model that uses the removable 5-round magazine AND the tube under the barrel at the same time to hold shells, a lever on the magazine switches between the two sources.

We shoot every Wednesday evening and vary the format each time: pistol, revolver, backup gun, rifle, shotgun, and combinations like pistol & backup, rifle & pistol, shotgun & pistol, etc. We even have an event or two where we use classic military bolt action rifles in tactical shoots.

http://my.core.com/~dthomp/baikal1.jpg

Each magazine holds 5 rounds. Here are 30 ounces of tactical slugs ready to go downrange!
http://my.core.com/~dthomp/baikal2.jpg

Two magazines fit nicely in M14 magazine pouches.
http://my.core.com/~dthomp/baikal3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a similar magazine fed shotgun that is almost never ever heard of, it is a Chinese made semi auto magazine fed shotgun called the Omega SPS-12 and is imported from a company in Tucson, AZ. The weapon is not very pretty but is very functional and shoots reliably, what more could you ask for at $200.00.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
www.knoxx.com/product/sidewinder.html

There's a magazine conversion for the mossberg 500 series shotgun.  6 and 10 round magazines are available.  Looks tactical and nasty.  $190, mags are $90/ea for 10rnders
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody read this
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Mo, OK. Now what? MIKE.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
WooHoo ! I got a 500. Got to get me a drum for it "grin" That is one mean looking bugger.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of the SPS omega-12 semi auto shotgun, it is a Chinese made, magazine fed gun of decent quality and excellent reliability
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of the SPS omega-12 semi auto shotgun, it is a Chinese made, magazine fed gun of decent quality and excellent reliability

Well, why don't you post a pic and a short review?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a similar magazine fed shotgun that is almost never ever heard of, it is a Chinese made semi auto magazine fed shotgun called the Omega SPS-12 and is imported from a company in Tucson, AZ. The weapon is not very pretty but is very functional and shoots reliably, what more could you ask for at $200.00.

shock]

I am obsessed with this weapon.

My source of info: 'The complete book of Guns',put out by Gun buyers annual,in 2001.

20" barrel
weighs 9 #'s
synthetic stock
sights: front blade, rear protected ghost ring,
SEMI-AUTO, gas operated, milspec hammer, cylinder bore barrel and trigger housing, forged steel receiver, ambidextrous safety, 5-round detachable box mag!!!!
retail price: $365

I want to get one but their a pain in the ass to find...and it would eat your little EAA for breakfast...

Heres another one that is rare: Crossfire MK

12 gauge with .223
18" barrel
8.6 #'s
polymer stocks
weaver style rail
pump action, single trigger, fire control lever allows use of rifle or shotun barrel, Invector-style choke tubes, Black or Camo finish , 4-shot shotgun magazine, 5-shot AR-15 style magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retail price: $1895-$1995

from Crossfire LLC, LaGrange, GA

Presently I'm going for the Knoxx set-up, but the other 2 weapons I mentioned are really in a separate class...1 is semi-auto mag fed....the other is an over and under type that is mag fed.....definitaly 2 weapons that are my shotgun wish list!!

The over and under one is perfect for us TFHW (Tin-Foil-Hat-Wearers), (hypothetical)-when most of our weapons are banned, you have them in ground so they don't get confiscated in the roundup...so when they ask why you are buying-posessing 12 gauge and .223 ammo..you say its just for your one gun..or something to that effect....and it looks like in the pic that you can use AR mags in it.............I don't know..something to think about anyway..

Edited 2 add:  Both of those weapons have pistol grips, and are EBS.....(evil-black-shotguns)....

Also: a rare handgun; the Downsizer...try 2 find a pic of that...it'll remind you of the Liberator, one .45 or .357 cartridge, except it looks like about the size of a pack of gum.....actually now that I think about it, I think I've seen it in a couple movies..where it pops up from the guys wrist....

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]

I handled one of those Crossfire guns when they first came out a few years ago.  You won't be impressed with it.  I am trying to remember WHY, but as I recall I did not like all the steps it  took to switch from shooting shotgun to rifle.

It seemed like the perfect gun to take to a party or bonfire.  That is about it.

I think you would be better off looking at one of those "door knockers" to hang on an AR.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the idea of a mag-fed shotgun, but why are all of them such low capacity (except for the extremely expensive one from Knoxx)?  I like my mag-fed bolt-action shotgun, and it's what I pick-up when something goes bump in the night, but the two round magazine just isn't big enough for comfort.  I've toyed with the idea of trying to make a 10-round double-stack magazine for it using the top half of the two-round one.  I'd do it if the magazines weren't $30 each!  I'd hate to waste that much money experimenting.z
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
WooHoo ! I got a 500. Got to get me a drum for it "grin" That is one mean looking bugger.

Yes you do and yes it is
The first time I whipped it out at the range the good'ol boys just about sh!~t them selves!

chi-chi BANG!chi-chi BANG!chi-chi BANG!
chi-chi BANG!

Heeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I like the idea of a mag-fed shotgun, but why are all of them such low capacity (except for the extremely expensive one from Knoxx)?  I like my mag-fed bolt-action shotgun, and it's what I pick-up when something goes bump in the night, but the two round magazine just isn't big enough for comfort.  I've toyed with the idea of trying to make a 10-round double-stack magazine for it using the top half of the two-round one.  I'd do it if the magazines weren't $30 each!  I'd hate to waste that much money experimenting.z

What brand bolt action?  Gun Parts Corp has extended mags for the Mossberg 395/etc bolt action 12g shotguns.  At one time Mossberg sold a 18" riot gun version of the 395.  The mag only holds 4 rounds but is still twice the capacity of stock.  I bought one for giggles & with the idea of maybe having my 395 shortened with rifled choke tube installed to make it a .70 cal deer gun.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, why don't you post a pic and a short review?

Come on now....look at his post count....were obviously not accomplished pic posters...if we were we would have half a million post like all you 'techies'......

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Come on now....look at his post count....were obviously not accomplished pic posters...if we were we would have half a million post like all you 'techies'......

Hey! DOn't paint me with that brush!  Much like GoatBoy, I am unemployed, thank you very much!    

Still want to see pics of it, though...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: I think you would be better off looking at one of those "door knockers" to hang on an AR.

Yeah, like the LSS,(the one off of "The One" with Jet Li) those fuckers won't sell me one though....

Heres a another one for you to try to find a pic of...

the Bernardelli from Italy

action: pump

12 gauge

3 inch chamber

feed: 10 rd mags

BBl: 20 incher

OAL: 40

Wt: 8 #'s

This one looks almost like a pump version of the OMEGA SPS. VERY tactical looking, has a pistol grip similar to a H&K, a side folding stock very similar to the collapsable tube style AR-15 stock that seems to have resurfaced a little while ago, a carry handle on the top with iron ghost sights built in, and a ventilated barrel shroud. Also an extended mag release. This is one mean looking SOB...

Info obtained from 'Combat Arms' 1996...

They have some other weird ones in that mag too, rifles...Finlands M-82...a Bull-pup AK...pretty futuristic looking for the time...

Ooohh...I wish I could post a pic of this....The Jatimatic SMG..9mm...I'm sure some of you have heard of this before...the receivers at an angle..pointed at the ground basically...looks like a distant cousin of the 'Jamomatic' (The TEC-9)......yeah its Finnish too....

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Nobody has mentioned the USAS-12.  Anybody here own one of those?
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Nobody has mentioned the SPAS-15 yet. You talk about a mean looking shotgun that is it. I think there were a few imported before the ban but good luck finding one. When you do, expect to pay abuot $5000

Ramo Industries also makes a mean looking one. Don't think you buy it though, lol. Cliffy109, this what you were talking about?  www.ramo.com/weapons/usas12.shtml

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Yup... that's the one.  Quite the beast isn't it?  If you know anybody who owns one, let me know.  I happen to have a 20 round drum magazine for it that I need to unload.

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I know a local gun dealer who owns one. I've held it, but have never fired it. "Destructive Device" all the way!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a local gun dealer who owns one. I've held it, but have never fired it. "Destructive Device" all the way!!!

If the AWB sunsets in '04 will we be able to buy those again? Same thing with the Street sweeper, Striker 12, SPAS-15 and such?
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Wellll, the USAS is Full-Auto and semi, I don't think they have semi-only ones, if they do then there isn't very many of them out there.

The 1997 "Book of Assault Weapons" has a good read on the USAS and alot of pics. It has a few pics of a chic shooting it on FA with the drum in it.

I have never heard of the SPAS-15. Is it a full auto version of the SPAS-12 ???

Somebody find someone who sells the LSS.......

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wellll, the USAS is Full-Auto and semi, I don't think they have semi-only ones, if they do then there isn't very many of them out there.

The 1997 "Book of Assault Weapons" has a good read on the USAS and alot of pics. It has a few pics of a chic shooting it on FA with the drum in it.

I have never heard of the SPAS-15. Is it a full auto version of the SPAS-12 ???

Somebody find someone who sells the LSS.......

The SPAS-15 is a little like the SPAS-12 but it has a detachable magazine
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#23]
There was a commercially available USAS-12 in semi-auto.  It has since been classified as a destructive device.  From my reading on it, those who owned them could register them without paying the $200 tax.  The grace period for registering them ended last year.

Because if its status as a DD, I would be surprised if they became available if the AWD expires.

Again, if anybody knows of anyone who owns this shotgun, let them know that I have a drum and stick magazine available for sale.  The magazines (particualrly the 20 round drum) are more hard to find than the gun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#25]
To all, I will post some pics of the SPS, Omega 12 as soon as I can.
BTW I haven’t been surfing this Website because it SUCKS. AR-15.com used to be the shit now it’s LAME, very Lame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top