Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2002 4:24:51 PM EDT
No bashers please- I like my Mossbergs---- My newer model 500 (12 ga) has a nasty habit of failing to feed a round out of the magazine tube after the round in the chamber has been fired on occasion.  Pushing on the end of the round in the tube and cycling the action will feed the offending round.  This will happen with various number of rounds in the magazine tube.  Needless to say- this Mossberg will not be sitting next to the bed for a SHTF weapon untill I straighten this out.   Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming that you are not "short shucking", I'd start with checking the inside of the magazine tube, follower, and spring.  There may be a bit of dirt or metal burring there catching things.

Bud

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Buff, Put in the box and mail it back to Mossberg ASAP. MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Went on the Mossberg site and posed the same question to their service dept-  Stock answer- put it in a box and send it to us....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top