Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2022 10:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN]
Man this sucks. I finally got my hands on a FN502 in FDE after a year of looking for one. Now sending it in Saturday to FN for repair.

Load the mag up, hit the slide release and got a jam. The round looks like the weird feed ramp didn't put it at the correct angle and caused it to get hung up on the underside gouging the bottom of the lead projectile.

I have tried releasing the slide by hand and also using the slide release, all the same problems. Tried all 9 of the factory 15rd magazines and got the same results. What's with the feedramp having a groove cut into it?

**UPDATE 1: Got the pistol back and it still has loading issues from magazines. Had to send it back on 9/17.

**UPDATE 2: Got a call from FN Tech Dept this morning 9/27, they are sending out a brand new 502T to my FFL for me. I mentioned that either Black or FDE would be fine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks but it happens. At least they contacted you back and were able to send the gun in. I had a problem with the rear sight on my 509T a couple months after buying it,as one of the tubes broke and I wanted a replacement under warranty. After not hearing back from them twice, I swapped it out myself with a different type.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's on its way back to me. Should arrive tomorrow. No notes on the online repair form so we'll see if they even did anything to it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN] [#3]
UPDATE: Got the pistol back. Looking at the barrel, it appears they polished or radiused the edges of the chamber where the live round would rub on it's way in but it didn't fix it.

Went out to shoot more Friday night and had consistent issues with loading from a magazine loaded with more than 5 rounds. Now it's going back to FN with several videos on the loading issues. Maybe they'll fix or replace something, this is ridiculous! Here is a video of what it's doing with a loaded magazine. You can see where the slide seems "delayed" or being friction rubbed by something. I can't figure it out but then again, I am not FN so they can fix it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
What brands of ammo ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ubaddog:
What brands of ammo ?
View Quote

I shoot solely Federal American Eagle 45gr Suppressor Solid Copper Plated.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe an out of spec barrel? Have you tried any other ammo.? Maybe a weak recoil spring? Hopefully you will find something out soon. My 509T 9mm works like a top but it seems like some manufacturers have issues with the .22 round and their guns feeding them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
Maybe an out of spec barrel? Have you tried any other ammo.? Maybe a weak recoil spring? Hopefully you will find something out soon. My 509T 9mm works like a top but it seems like some manufacturers have issues with the .22 round and their guns feeding them.
View Quote

I have only 1 type of ammo that I use for my suppressed .22's. I have gone through so many sub-sonic varieties that do not cycle most actions and found 2 brands that work great (just not in this FN 502T). One brand in the Winchester Max42 Subsonic that was made in Australia but no longer made and now this readily available Federal/ American Eagle 45gr. Copper Plated Round Nose Solid Suppressor Line ammo 970fps. Love the ammo and now this :(
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 7:44:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#8]
breachface or extractor is the problem.  

The rim of the cartridge isn’t freely coming up in line with the chamber.  The bottom of the brass is wedging against the bottom of the chamber because it needs to much force to slip up into the breachface.

Look for burrs or roughness on the breach face and the bottom edge of the extractor claw.   A little dressing on the bottom edge of the extractor corner that contacts the brass case likely fixes it.

I watched the video a second ( and 3rd and 4th time).  Not sure because you move the gun around too fast but it almost looked like the tip of the extractor was pressing directly on the outside diameter of the rim and was not hooking in front of the rim.  That would do it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Its a umarex gun OP, when you get a bad one there's no fixing it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a call from FN this morning, they are sending out a brand new 502T to my FFL for me. I mentioned that either Black or FDE would be fine.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top