Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/3/2022 12:14:04 PM EDT
Anybody have experience suppressing their FNX Tactic 45? I would appreciate any experience ya'll are willing to share.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run an Osprey 45 on my FNP-45T for quite some time. Don't have any issues other than it gas clouding up the MRDS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Istolethisname] [#2]
FNX 45T and a Rugged Obsidian 45 in fde. What are your concerns?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a Osprey 45 can on my FNXT. Functions perfectly and does cloud up the RMR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm wanting a suppressed 45 for bedside duty. The FNX has caught my interest. How well do they suppress and are they reliable? Do they offgas significantly more when suppressed?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent gun to suppress,  i use an Osprey.  

In the few shots you would take the gases on the RMR will be nothing.  Iron sights well no issue.

In a self defense situation the gases will be nothing, I highly doubt you will notice it from any gun due to adrenalin rush.

Mount a nice light on it and you will be set.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly the role mine is in.

Didn't buy it for that but it won me over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the gas on the optic eventually incapacitate the optic or is it more of an annoyance?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M95Mauser:
Does the gas on the optic eventually incapacitate the optic or is it more of an annoyance?
View Quote

You could paint the front of the lens opaque and the optic would still work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's me shooting for the first time with the Obsidian. Didn't realize the can would be that warm after just a single mag

And yes, after seeing myself in the video I'm like dang I'm a fatty. So please no comments  about my weight, I'm doing something about it and on a keto diet now( 1 week in).

Couldn't believe how quiet a 22 pistol suppressed though, wow
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
OP all I can say is...Attachment Attached File

You won't be disappointed
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#11]
I had the opportunity to mount a friend's Hybrid 46 on my FNX-45 last weekend, and I have to say that it was fucking awesome. He liked the Hybrid 46 because of how versatile it is, but I'll probably get either a Rugged Obsidian or a Dead Air Ghost.

The RMR lens fogged after a couple of magazines, which wouldn't have been a big deal usually, but since it was late in the afternoon the sunlight lit it up brightly and made the dot hard to see.

ETA: Shooting suppressed is much more fun than cleaning a gun after shooting it suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-AR] [#12]
I run mine with a GA revo45 and octane 45, zero issues.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Run mine with an Obsidian. The RMR does get dirty after a few mags, but not a big deal.
It makes less noise than the staple gun I use to mount targets.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Staple gun quiet.  TiRant 45, Rugged Obsidian 45, Octane 45.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Istolethisname:
FNX 45T and a Rugged Obsidian 45 in fde. What are your concerns?
View Quote

+1 Here.  

I already had the Obsidian and spun it on within minutes of getting the pistol home yesterday. ;)
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By erwinp:

+1 Here.  

I already had the Obsidian and spun it on within minutes of getting the pistol home yesterday. ;)
View Quote

Obsidian...Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It’s a relatively high blowback host.  

Extremely reliable with even light loads but a lot of particulate comes back at you and the RMR (if equipped).  That said I can shoot a couple hundred rounds and still utilize the dot even if it’s a bit sooty.  That same range session leaves me looking like a coal miner though.

The FNX is already an absurdly large pistol, hanging a can off any gun makes them unwieldy… but the FNXs mass seems to make the weight out front less pronounced.

-Mike
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top