Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2018 1:08:21 PM EDT
I really like the 509 but want a smaller size for CCW. I've been eyeing the FNS 9C and really like it but was curious if FN plans on making a smaller model of the 509. Anyone know? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose they may but the 509 is a scaled up 9C so everything would be merely cosmetic....but I have confirmed that the 509 slide will fit and function on a 9c frame
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think either the FNS or the 509 have sold well. I don't think they will do a 509c.
The FNS9c is a great little carry gun, I haven't had any issues with mine, other than the mag release is very hard to manipulate... and very little aftermarket support. Not that it needs anything.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The irony is that FN never puts much effort into their handguns because they don’t sell well, but they don’t sell well largely due to their lack of effort.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to see a 509 with a 15rd mag-sized frame.   The slide is already Glock 19 sized, so why not make one with the G19 sized frame?

I thought I read somewhere that FN may be doing this.  It makes me wonder if I should wait or just get the current 509 "full size".
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Dunno about a compact 509, but I have no issues concealing my 509 in a Alien Gear holster.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The 509 is the equivalent of the G19X, which I personally think is an odd design.  Would have preferred a shorter grip, but still really like it.  Won’t ever carry it though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Factual information = information direct from FN.

Nobody from FN (that cares about their future employment) is going to come on a public forum and talk about future releases.

I hope *they* build a compact and a long
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Factual information = information direct from FN.

Nobody from FN (that cares about their future employment) is going to come on a public forum and talk about future releases.

I hope *they* build a compact and a long
View Quote
Actually, they are fairly responsive with what they have NO plans of releasing on Instagram, as well as “wink wink” on the stuff they are.  “Compact model coming soon?” was a question and they gave a cryptic response.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If the official FN media dept announces it then that is what it is. They are likely the only ones who have the authority.  Take everything else (sources) with a grain of salt.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top