Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 4:06:46 PM EDT
I was curious about the 509 and today I bought one...No I didnt get the extra mag deal, I got a slightly used one local... but the $400 I have into it will give me some room for mags  so sometime this week I'm going to hit the range.
first thing I noticed is the sights , I am no fan of 3 dot sights but if your gonna have them then a bigger brighter front is what you want.  I have read that the 509 takes Sig sights..can anyone confirm?
also dry firing the trigger is not gritty at all as I have read about. it came with a bladetech holster... I'll probably get a carry holster eventually.  anything else I should know? thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The 509 is a good gun but it's not very owner friendly when it comes to stripping down the frame to Cerakote or do any kind of trigger work. The front locking block pin is a permanent fixture and is damn near impossible to remove without destroying the frame.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top