Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2007 4:42:31 PM EDT
I am looking for a .22 suppressor, but not sure where to start. Are Gemtech's any good? Looking to use primarily on a P22 Walther, but also will use on a custom rifle.  What retailers do you reccomend.  I have never done an NFA anything before so am trying work my way into it. Heard things like a $200.00 tax etc.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There is plenty of info in arms and tactics silencer forum or on www.silencertalk.com

Link Posted: 2/3/2007 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to Bowers. Just having shot a few of them, and not owning any It was my favorite in terms of looks, loudness, and weight added to the gun.

M
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Tac Inc TAC-65
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I am having very good service with my Gemtech Outback II.  I use a Ruger 22/45 with a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite threaded barrel.

I found that the greatest amount of suppression occurs when using the Gemtech recommended ammo, i.e., Reminton Sub-Sonics, et al.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Freedom Arms Can.

Link Posted: 2/15/2007 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of good .22 cans, but make sure you get one with removable baffles. Otherwise it will fill with lead and become useless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the Gemtech Outback II and I love it.  I've got roughly 5k rounds through it with my Sig Mosquito and I have zero complaints.  

Excellent can and Gemtech was very good at answering all my newbee questions when I made the purchase.  So well that they got my business for my 2nd can - a Blackside for my HK Tactical.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There are a lot of good .22 cans, but make sure you get one with removable baffles. Otherwise it will fill with lead and become useless.

Not always... Some of the silencers with out removable baffle stacks are able to be submersed in a cleaning olution to clear it out. The Bowers has this option.

M
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top