BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Impulse buy for me. Tombstone in Phoenix had one in black. Going to send it up to their local store.
Looks like a holsun 507K on it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I grabbed one on a whim, I'm going to mount a 507K as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That's some prity snazzy advertising.

Curious how time will fair this little UMEREX.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot mine today. Took the first 100 rds to smooth out. Had to keep nudging the slide forward. After that, ate everything fine. Even some 25 yr old winchester wildcats.
Pretty decent groups at 20 yards. Not a target pistol, but was hitting 2 inch dots with the holsun ok. Trigger is pretty good for mostly plastic.
Wasn't able to shoot suppressed today.
I'm happy with it. Had a bunch of plastic optic plates and screws. 507 was easy to mount.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shot mine today. Took the first 100 rds to smooth out. Had to keep nudging the slide forward. After that, ate everything fine. Even some 25 yr old winchester wildcats.
Pretty decent groups at 20 yards. Not a target pistol, but was hitting 2 inch dots with the holsun ok. Trigger is pretty good for mostly plastic.
Wasn't able to shoot suppressed today.
I'm happy with it. Had a bunch of plastic optic plates and screws. 507 was easy to mount.
View Quote

Looking forward to hearing the suppressed reports from these, but thinking it will be favorable.

Definitely on my short list considering my 509T is the go-to for classes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I held one this weekend and liked it. I’m going to wait until a few more are in the wild and pick up a tan one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I love that it has a 15 round capacity… but I hear the trigger is kinda bleh.

Any of you guys own a Ruger Mark IV you can compare it to? Was tempted to go buy a LITE or Tactical MK4 until I stumbled across this gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah.  Curious to see what it offers that so many others don't.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked one up in FDE from a local gun shop.  Trigger is NICE!  Cleaned, lubed, attached an AAC Element.  Ate through everything - CCI standard velocity & mini mags, stingers, velocitors, Winchester, & even some Remington golden bullet.  A few times the slide didn't return to battery all the way, but a gentle nudge was all it took.  Typical rimfire break in, no biggie.  Just ordered a HS507C to put on it.  Gassy with that particular can, but I always wear eyepro anyways.  Might try another rimfire can when I sight the RD in later, but the Element will prolly live on it.  Me likey.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is this gun actually made by Umerex?

My mother has wanted a FN FNX45 tactical ever since they came out after hold one when i was 18 and getting my first rifle. She has been hooked ever since. Wants the full 9 yards, red dot, light and suppressor, etc. But she is getting up there in age and down there in strength. Saw these and figured it would be a good substitute for now, especially with me form 1ing a 22 can soon. It would also be a nice coming home present after coming home from the hospital for her liver and kidney failure.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been on the hunt for one of these but they seem to be in short supply.  The only ones I can find are $800 on gunbroker.  Even my LGS can't get one.

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been on the hunt for one of these but they seem to be in short supply.  The only ones I can find are $800 on gunbroker.  Even my LGS can't get one.

View Quote

Ugh that sucks.  I was hoping to blow some coming bonus cash on one.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hells yeah, I found an FDE tonight.  The thing is solid and the trigger is pretty sweet.  It wears my new DA mask and I'm tempted to go pop off a few in the back yard.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hells yeah, I found an FDE tonight.  The thing is solid and the trigger is pretty sweet.  It wears my new DA mask and I'm tempted to go pop off a few in the back yard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Go to the Academy website. It'll show where they are in stock.  You can buy online and go pick it up.  There aren't many out there but you might get lucky.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go to the Academy website. It'll show where they are in stock.  You can buy online and go pick it up.  There aren't many out there but you might get lucky.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, found one this morning 16 miles away. Btw, don't anyone think they can throw any red dot on theirs, deltapoint pro is evidently "too heavy" according to FN.
" />
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up, found one this morning 16 miles away. Btw, don't anyone think they can throw any red dot on theirs, deltapoint pro is evidently "too heavy" according to FN.
<a href="https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51675578220_f2a1a766aa_b.jpg</a>" >[url]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51675578220_f2a1a766aa_b.jpg">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51675578220_f2a1a766aa_b.jpg">[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mJoR4b]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51675578220_f2a1a766aa_b.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, man. I'm glad you found one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

thanks for the idea man, closest one to me is over 78 miles away.  Not worth the traffic nightmare it'd be to get there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I would love to get my hands on one to see how FN is dealing with the weight issues of adding an optic to a rimfire pistol with reciprocating slide. With any rimfire pistols ith reciprocating slide, every tenth of an ounce matters when trying to add stuff to the slides.

I know that a lot of us are still waiting to see if Nelson Precision can get their aftermarket G44 slides to actually work, the first ones were way too heavy. I also had issues with my Kel-Tec PMR 30 when adding an optic with the RMR footprint. On the PMR I ended up having to go with a polymer RMSc mount and the Sig Romeo Zero to get it to run reliably with an optic.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is this gun actually made by Umerex?

My mother has wanted a FN FNX45 tactical ever since they came out after hold one when i was 18 and getting my first rifle. She has been hooked ever since. Wants the full 9 yards, red dot, light and suppressor, etc. But she is getting up there in age and down there in strength. Saw these and figured it would be a good substitute for now, especially with me form 1ing a 22 can soon. It would also be a nice coming home present after coming home from the hospital for her liver and kidney failure.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Since the FN502 is made by Umerex, what material is the slide made from????

I won't ever buy another pistol with a slide made with Zamak/pot metal. I had a Walther P22 and my GSG 1911 conversion slide are both made from that crap and both have peened at the slide stop notch.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
It's aluminum.

Do NOT compare this to an early Walther P22 & the like!  This isn't a cheap zinc pew pew range toy.  This is seriously one of the nicest 22LR pistols I've ever owned, & I've owned dozens.  I've a tricked out Ruger 22/45 that's boringly accurate, & was my go-to 22 until now.  The 502 doesn't even feel like a 22 when you fill your hand with it.  It's stout/sturdy.  The trigger is awesome, the fit/finish is just like my 509-T & FNX-T.  If it didn't have "Umarex" on it I'd swear it was made by FN.
I've added a HS507C & AAC Element.  Love it.  LOVE it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
@gigity

On a whim checked Academy online again.  Snagged one 15 min from me, the only one in stock for hundreds of miles at Academy.  Yay!
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's aluminum.

Do NOT compare this to an early Walther P22 & the like!  This isn't a cheap zinc pew pew range toy.  This is seriously one of the nicest 22LR pistols I've ever owned, & I've owned dozens.  I've a tricked out Ruger 22/45 that's boringly accurate, & was my go-to 22 until now.  The 502 doesn't even feel like a 22 when you fill your hand with it.  It's stout/sturdy.  The trigger is awesome, the fit/finish is just like my 509-T & FNX-T.  If it didn't have "Umarex" on it I'd swear it was made by FN.
I've added a HS507C & AAC Element.  Love it.  LOVE it.
View Quote

That is good to know and the info I was after.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@gigity

On a whim checked Academy online again.  Snagged one 15 min from me, the only one in stock for hundreds of miles at Academy.  Yay!
View Quote
Awesome.  Black or FDE?
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Awesome.  Black or FDE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@gigity

Awesome.  Black or FDE?

See one up ^

I didn’t see the black one on Academy’s website at all. I like the FDE more than I though I would.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

See one up ^

I didn't see the black one on Academy's website at all. I like the FDE more than I though I would.
View Quote
Well sheeit, internet is slow today.  I also got the FDE. Glad you got one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got a proper reflex sight...
" />
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Everyone still liking these?

I have a 22/45 and thinking about adding one of these to my 22 pistol lineup.

Just ordered a Rugged Oculus.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everyone still liking these?

I have a 22/45 and thinking about adding one of these to my 22 pistol lineup.

Just ordered a Rugged Oculus.
View Quote
I finally shot the 502 today. The SAO trigger is outstanding. The fun meter pegged instantly.  Then I added my brand new Dead Air Mask.  The fun meter then blew it's top. Man what a great combination. It had a few hiccups on some cheap lead bullets but ran great with better copper player bullets. It doesn't get mentioned much but the magazines are also top notch. They are easy to load and damn near jump out of the mag well when you hit the button.

you should get one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#33]
I've seen enough on these now that I think it will be my next purchase when I can track one down.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Grabbed a FDE one from Rifle Gear today. Looking forward to trying it out!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Grabbed a FDE one from Rifle Gear today. Looking forward to trying it out!
View Quote

Lucky. Did you just happen to stop by and they had one? I have alerts setup at several places.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lucky. Did you just happen to stop by and they had one? I have alerts setup at several places.
View Quote

Got the in stock email and jumped on it. They had 3 of them and were all gone in probably 5-10 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]
In stock at KY Gun Co as of this post.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't shot it yet but this thing feels really nice in the hands and well made.

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I am having a super hard time finding one locally. What are you guys paying for yours. Gunbroker prices seem way out of line.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am having a super hard time finding one locally. What are you guys paying for yours. Gunbroker prices seem way out of line.
View Quote

$479 shipped from RifleGear. I suggest getting on several in stock notifications and be prepared to move fast. The ones at Riflegear sold out in 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone able to find these in stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone able to find these in stock anywhere?
View Quote

I picked up one locally for $469 plus tax. I found it at gritr sports. He said they were basically selling out as soon as they got them and they got in two.

Took it out this weekend and definitely needs a breaking in. What rounds are you folks using with success?

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#43]
I ran a few hundred through mine last weekend. It ran very well on American Eagle jacketed subsonic and CCI standard. It sometimes required a hit on the back of slide to go into battery after dropping slide on fresh mag. Trigger is very good and I really like this thing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Spare mags seem impossible to find. Would love to have some more 15 rounders.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Loving mine so far! Initially I tried to run it on some mini mags, but had a bunch of failures. Tried the very same batch of mini mags in my 22 sbr, and more issues. Switched to bulk pack federal (both copper plated 36 gr and non plated 40 gr) and had 0 issues in the 200 rounds I fired, after the switch. All shots taken with a silencerco sparrow on it. Only thing I don't like, is the construction of the mag release inside the mag well. The little piece that pivots to hold the mag in looks like it has failure potential. Other than that, love it!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Ran 300+ rounds through my newly purchased 502.

Ammo was 300 rounds of CCI mini mag and 50 rounds of blazer bulk pack.

I think it ran pretty well, maybe two malfunctions, ammo related. Sometimes the gun was a bit soft on going into battery, almost like it needed a small tap.  I focused mainly on really "sling shooting" it and didnt have any problems moving forward, im going to chalk those up to "break in".  A friend with weak wrist shot a few mags and had FTE's, I do not attribute this to the gun, but the shooter.

The trigger has a very nice feel, I like it better than my fnx 45T.  

Dont really care for the factory sites, but I bought this knowing im going to put a delta point pro on it at some point soon.  

Mags seems very nice, no issues with loading, work very well.

It feels really nice in the hand with hardly any felt recoil, follow up shots are easy.

I paid 499 + tax from Fin Feather Fur.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dont really care for the factory sites, but I bought this knowing im going to put a delta point pro on it at some point soon.  

View Quote

Leupold DPP is too heavy therefore there is no adapter for it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Leupold DPP is too heavy therefore there is no adapter for it.
View Quote

good to know, itll go on something else then.  I usually go against type, but maybe I should just RMR type 2.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Been seeing more pistols and mags available past few days.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Been seeing more pistols and mags available past few days.
View Quote

Mags? Do tell…
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top