Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 1:17:08 PM EDT
I am buying a Gunsite 1911 and wanted to know what you all thought looked better (tan, green, or black) on this gun.

http://www.lenaburgs.net/images/SmithWesson/SW1911PD_GunsiteWP_800.jpg

DESERT TAN

OD GREEN

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there some reason you want to spend $300 on something you probably won't see much benefit from?  I find laser grips are only good for practicing, and I'd rather spend $300 on ammo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
i have plenty of ammo.  i am not paying anywhere near $300.  that make it clear?

Quoted:

Is there some reason you want to spend $300 on something you probably won't see much benefit from?  I find laser grips are only good for practicing, and I'd rather spend $300 on ammo.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
For that pistol, I'd go black, or black w/silver flames. The last one was discontinued, but you might be able to find a set on Ebay.

Laser grips are quite useful for not only training, but for self defense. Those who are not truly experienced pistol shooters, like me, are likely to forget the tennant of "front sight, front sight, front sight". For that reason alone, a laser sight is extremely useful. If they were useless, the military wouldn't be using them on rifles in many cases.

That said, I do feel that it is important to not become dependant on the laser sight; it will only degrade or destroy what sight skills you have if you do so. When I would run my dry fire drills, I always started with sights alone, and then went to the laser to check my steadiness; it will quickly show you if you are pulling off of target.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I dig the tan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If they were useless, the military wouldn't be using them on rifles in many cases.

Hmm, first I've heard of the military using lasers for aiming at targets.

If you have to have one, I agree with tan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I want something different.  I like the 1911PD - the one from the photo with tan grips but i dig the looks of the gunsite better.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they were useless, the military wouldn't be using them on rifles in many cases.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]

I like the look of these too.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Tan
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Admittedly, I've been away from the combat troops for a few years, but I recall plenty of them having IR and perhaps visible lasers attached to their rifles. Fortunately for me, I never found out the hard way whether or not they had visible lasers. That still does not detract from my point, however. There are plenty of experienced pistol shooters who would agree with my point.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top