Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:37:24 PM EDT
HI
I have a auto-ordnance .45 I was just wondering if the slide is supposed to say "Space Research Corp"?
Thanks..
-Logan-
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it say anything about New Hurley ? Or Khar?

Bob
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesnt say anything else on the slide. Only on the frame it says Auto-Ordnance Corp. West Hurley, N.Y.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It doesnt say anything else on the slide. Only on the frame it says Auto-Ordnance Corp. West Hurley, N.Y.

Does it on the left side of slide have an Arrow with Thompson written inside it?  An on the same side of the slide it should say Auto Ordinance Corp  and below it the Cal.

If not then you have something special or an AO frame and something other than an AO slide!

Bob
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
HI
I have a auto-ordnance .45 I was just wondering if the slide is supposed to say "Space Research Corp"?Thanks..
-Logan-

you have a weapon issued ONLY to Space Shuttle Door Gunners!

congrats,,very rare and check but I think it is not legal for you to own in some States..
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It doesnt have anything else on the slide only a serial number on the left side. Which doesnt match the gun. None of the serial numbers match, the frame, barrel, or slide.
And the Space Research Corp is "painted" on the gun not stamped.
I can take pictures of it if that would help.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well after looking at it I am guessing its a different slide. But has anyone heard of
"Space Research Corp"" for the markings on the slide?
Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well after looking at it I am guessing its a different slide. But has anyone heard of
"Space Research Corp"" for the markings on the slide?
Thanks...

My Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably a security guard gun from that company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top