Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:27:09 AM EDT
Are Mec Gar 1911 7 round magazines good mags for the 1911?

I believe they make mags for Beretta and after market magazines
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]
MecGars make some of the best aftermarket mags for everything out there--so "yea", i'd recommend em

the few mec gars i've had for 1911s have been reliable
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
MecGar is a quality outfit.  Most firearm Mfr's turn (or turned) to Mecgar for OEM mags
at one point or another.

Sig Sauer for instance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I either use Metalform or Mec-gar. I like to upgrade with Wolf extra power magazine springs but they work fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Meg-gar makes a good mag and I use them for my Browning HP but when it comes to 1911 mags I would stick with Tripp Cobra mags or Wilson.  All I use now is Cobra mags and Chip McCormick's with Tripp upgrade kits and they are unbeatable.  They do cost a little more but I feel it's $$$ well spent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top