Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:59:18 AM EDT
Well, my long battle with an airline is over, after much to do and hassle. I moved from CA to PA in March, and I checked my favorite pistol, my Kimber Custom II in my bag. The whole story is over in GD, I did everything right by the law, and my gun didn't make it to PA. Lessons learned and everything, but today I got my second check from the airline and I can now finally fund my replacement pistol.

I'd be perfectly happy buying another Custom II, but I have always lusted over the CDP series. Ever since I bought that first Kimber, I wanted a CDP to be my next. I only want a full size 1911, and I'm pretty sure I only want a Kimber. If I could afford it, I'd love to dabble in the higher ends like Wilson and LB, but for now, here I am. I've tried the S&W, Taurus, SA and I don't like them.

My only question is this: since the CDPs started with internal extractors and then had externals, what are they now? The picture on the website shows internal, but many that are for sale on on-line auctions still have externals. I want one with an INTERNAL extractor, the way they were meant to be. I'm prepared to place an order for a brand new one, and I'd like to know what I am in for. I haven't spoken to my dealer just yet. Tomorrow I will drive up and poke around.

Sorry for all this. I'm a little excited.

Thanks,
-M
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They have had a proper internal extractor for 2-3 years now. Anything you see on gunbroker with an EE is old stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top