Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 10:17:06 AM EDT
Its hard to see in the first picture(crappy digi cam) but somehow my firing pin channel looks damaged like something hit it yet nothing other than rounds have been near it, could 230 and 200gr +p have done this if you can even see it?

The firing pin channel is unobstructed but it may become an issue if it gets any worse.

Second, My disconector has to small dings in it right above the hole where it looks like it has come into contact with something. Will either of these issue become a problem right now the gun is 100% reliable with all ammo types.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's reliable, leave it alone. Are you sure it's just not something in the FP channel? As far as the "dings" on the disco, there might have been some swarf in the hole or it was that way when it was put in the gun. Stone it down [Just the ding] put it in and shoot it for a while then reinspect it to see if the ding has returned. It's not a horribly high stressed part anyways, they wear out over time and need replacement but they should run many thousands of rounds before you ever have to worry about that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The firing pin channel is clear I blasted it with solvent when I detail stripped it and double checked function and etc when I noticed this putting it back together.

The disco was clean 2 weeks ago when I detail stripped it for the first time, will another one drop in place?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It "should".

I just dropped in a Ed Brown disco into my SA with zero problems.

(btw - check to see if you camera has a little "flower" setting...that's the macro setting.
much easier to take close-ups! )
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
If you've ever dryfired the gun without the firing pin and firing pin stop in place, the hammer could have peened the edge of the FP hole.

As to the disconnector, who knows?  Nothing should be moving in that area that would impart anything like that ding.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
First, I cant adjust the camera it cost 25 bucks I got what I paid for. <---look a period

The picture is of the front of the fireing pin channel (again sorry for the crappy digi cam) which is why I found it odd since nothing other than rounds have come into contact whith it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
If the disconnector didn't have that "dent" before, I'd want to know what caused it...pretty important part function-wise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top