Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:53:32 AM EDT

Up until two days ago I thought 1911's were pretty plain and ugly.  I somehow came to the realization that they are some of the finest looking handguns made.  I started doing a little research and have pretty much decided to order a Kimber Warrior.  Before I take the $1100 plunge, I have a couple of questions.  In another thread a member said the warrior came with most of the stuff you will want or need to add to others.  Being new to the platform I don't know what this means. What am I getting with the Kimber Warrior that I would have to add or couldn't even get with another choice?  Also, the Warrior lists a 7 round mag capacity.  Does that just mean it only comes with a 7 rounder or that it can only take 7 rounders?  Is the actual grip longer on other models that come with 8 round mags?  Lastly, is $1100 a good price with one mag?  Anyone know of a better deal?  Thanks in advance, my finger is getting ichy and wants to press the order button, but I want to hear from you guys first.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I am investing in my Springfield loaded I picked up for $450.  Spending a little more and I'm gonna have a gun that looks as nice as it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the replies guys.  I can see where this whole thing is going.  Damn you 1911 disease!  I'm about to buy the Warrior, but have already started planning on which ones to get next.    There is a Springfield in my future as well as another Kimber and a Colt.  I guess I need to concentrate on the task at hand and stat amassing quality mags for my new obsession.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll like them, or maybe you will.

I do as do most everyone I know that have shot mine or own their own. Extremely comfortable pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top