Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2006 8:02:16 PM EDT
I have a possible line on some Mil-Spec Operators. Can someone give me a general rundown on these and if they are worth what is being asked for them ($700 or so).  These are full length rail versions.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mil Spec Operators are highly sought after due to the fact they have no forward serrations and you mill them for just about any rear sight you want. $700 ea is not a bad price at all mainly because you just don't see them for sale too often. I'm sure if Springfield brought the Mil Spec OP out again they'd be selling like crazy. buy them, buy every one you're offered at that price. If nothing else just hold them for a couple of yrs and their values are sure to go up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $750 for mine with a few accessories and I don't regret it at all. I'd do it again in an instant. Also, this is the only model you can mill for whatever beavertail style you like, all the other models limit your choices. Knowing that the model was discontinued made the price easier to swallow for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a good price, jump on it because they don't show up too often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top