Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
i came a cross a AMT Skipper 1911 45 cal they want $400 for it anyone have- had one are they worth it or would i be better waiting for a better type ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not waste my money on an AMT Skipper, Captain or Admiral. Never been impressed with the reliability or lack therof.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Skip the Skipper.  If AMT ever made a gun that wasn't a piece of crap, I never heard about it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the imput that was my gut feeling
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I had 2 AMT Hardballers, which is the full size 1911 they made. I was stupid enough
to buy, not one, but 2 of those things. The litany of concerns with these guns aren't
worth the effort.

The only good thing I can say is, when I experimented with them in the
late seventies and again in the early eighties they were the only stainless 1911 you
could buy. There were few 1911s in those days.  I can see no excuse to buy one these days.

Save your money to buy a Springfield or Kimber.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I know ive been eyeing the kimber grand raptor and the springfeild loaded but i want to bobtail it and i hesitate to cut the frame so im looking for a decent alternitive for my first try
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top